Serves brunch, lunch, dinner. Coffee, smoothies, wraps, sandwiches, bagels, and soups. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Take-out

Jirko
Jirko

great place

5 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

rootz is located in a pretty decorated building with lots of room. it has a very nice relaxed athmosphere. the girl who was serving us was very friendly and joyfull. we ate wrap and bagel and they were both hot and tasty. a nice variety of food, with soups and also a daily changing dish.

it is located very close to the Schlessiger Tor station

they also serves breakfast but apparently only in the weekend.

Pros: great atmospehere, friendly staff, good food
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Decent food

3 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

I've had a lot of vegan sandwiches and burgers in my life. This place is good, but not impressive or outstanding. Decent price.

They also advertise "best cake in Kreuzberg". Maybe I haven't had any other vegan cake in Kreuzberg, but I didn't think the cake was the best. It was good, but not best.

Overall, if your friends are going, don't say no, but I wouldn't cross town to go here.

Pros: All-veg
Cons: Not impressive
sofia_sandia
sofia_sandia

Great food!

4 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

I was there earlier this month (July 2013) and loved it! It was really close to my hostel, the boat hostel near the wall. It was walking distance and I fell in love with the food. Finding veggie options in Europe has been a challenge sometimes but not in Germany. It's a little hard to find the place as the sign is painted on the wall, but it's a self-service all veggie menu. I had the veggie wrap and it was one of the best meals I've had in Europe this summer in my backpacking adventures! There was also free wi-fi! GREAT PLACE!

Pros: all veggie, good price, free wi-fi
Cons: hard to find
NIlsI
NIlsI

great fast food not so junky

3 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

The Rootz is a great big but small place to have fast dish.

Great outside area for summer time!

Pros: Food, price, outside
Cons: location
hurricane_an
hurricane_an

toll

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

Ich bin Veganerin und komme extra aus Berlin-Spandau raus nach Kreuzberg f├╝r das Rootz. Es gibt hier vegan und vegetarische Gerichte, die in der Karte ganz klar gekennzeichnet sind. Lasst euch einfach ├╝berraschen, selbst meine beste Freundin (sie ist Alles-Esser) ist begeistert vom Rootz und kommt gerne mit, vegan schlemmen.

Weiter so.

Pros: vegan fast food, lecker, freundlich

ts_happycow
ts_happycow

recommendable

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

Absolutely delicious vegan food. A little bit noisy in the garden summer times however that doesn't deccrease the scoring at all.

Pros: Essen
Gudrun
Gudrun

"Currywurst"?

3 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2012

My friends and me came here especially for the Rootz "Currywurst", the vegan version of a typical - and famous - German fast food dish. We were pretty curious because we had never tried anything similar. Unfortunately that very day there was a problem with the delivery service, so: no "currywurst"!

We had vegan wraps and fries instead, the latter made of fresh potatoes . The wraps were pretty good, although not very special.

My friends had smoothies which were quite icy (probably great in the summertime, on a cold winter day not so), myself a good soy cappuccino.

Among the cakes there was just one vegan version, a chocolate cake with some type of peanut butter on top. Not bad, but after testing a couple of vegan places in Berlin not super-super-delicious.

Informal atmosphere, very friendly staff, low prices.

Pros: good value, friendly staff
Underdog
Underdog

• herbivore

Liked it...

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

The staff were nice and the food was pretty good. I had a vegan currywurst, which I wasn't overjoyed with, but I'm glad I tried it, to get an idea of what a lot of people were eating.

It was clean, friendly and had a good selection. Nice one!

Pros: Good selection, Affordable, Friendly staff
Tal
Tal

Pleasant space + vegan-friendly :)

5 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

The place is spacious and pleasant and also has outdoor sitting, plus they have free wifi :)

The staff is friendly, they have an English menu and all the vegan options are clearly marked on the menu.
I had the grilled veg wrap which was good.

The only thing missing was a better selection of vegan cakes.

Pros: spacious, tasty, wifi
KidA
KidA

Great experience at Rootz!

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2012

We had breakfast on a sunday at Rootz, the food was amazing and the prices were just right. The staff is lovely too! Nicely decorated and very clean. Nothing bad to say about this place! We would be regulars if we lived in Berlin.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere
cmayr
cmayr

stylish cafe/bistro with lots of vegan options

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2012

This cafe situated in lively Kreuzberg SO36 is a nicely designed and laid-back place that features a very well laid-out menu that caters to vegetarians and vegans alike.
Breakfast is served till 5, there's burgers, burritos, soups, scrambled tofu "eggs", cakes , fries, tasty coffee, friendly staff, what is there not to like?
prices are fine, too...

Pros: tasty, vegan options clearly marked, comfortable
nowa
nowa

beautiful place, such a tasty food

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

my friend and i enjoyed a good breakfast at rootz, of scrumbled tofu and bagel sandwiches, which were so good to our stomach!
the service was perfect, the sellers were very nice to us, showing the english manu and explaining about every dish in a good english.
the place is designed so sweetly, especialy the restroom!
to the vegans out there- all the vegan dishes are marked in green, and there are lots of vegan options.

we definitely recommand!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
wildfang
wildfang

Fast food in chilled-out, stylish surroundings

4 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

Rootz seems to be run by a couple of very friendly people who know how to make a place look interesting and stylish.
The food is mainly fast food but there is a soup of the day, if you don't like burgers and the like. Disappointingly, only about a quarter, if at all, of the menu is marked vegan which is pretty poor for an all vegetarian place. I hope they will improve on that.
The food itself tasted very good, but in fast food terms, of course, so don't expect haute cuisine. I had the Wheaty Burger which came with a small salad and the ROOTZ fries which were very interesting to taste. For drinks I tried the strawberry-blueberry smoothie which was more of an iced smoothie than fruity, but it's out of season so of course they'd use frozen fruit. And it tasted delicious nonetheless.
The prices could indeed be a bit more budget.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food, relaxed atmosphere
Cons: a bit pricey, few vegan options
hack_man
hack_man

The Root of all Goodness

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2010

I like this place a lot. It's hip, cool and fresh. Full of young ideas and a progressive 'in the know' atmosphere. The thai curry soup I had was amazing. It had a kick, was full of colour and nice and chunky the way I like my soup. There is plenty of seating and a nice outdoor patio when it is warm. There is a strong vegan choice including cakes. I can imagine chilling out here for hours with the wi-fi on my netbook. It's a tad pricey but Berlin is becoming that way I suppose. Located right next to Schlesisches Str. U-Bahn on U1, in a part of Berlin that is supposed to be a great new area for nightlife. I look forward to going back.

Pros: location, food, staff
Cons: prices
DonnaC
DonnaC

Nice cafe

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2010

Lovely friendly cafe with a gorgeous interior and relaxed atmposhere. I don't agree with the first review which states that there are already too many places like this in Berlin, there are so many omnivourous restaurants, meat eaters have the choice of many fast food style cafes so why shouldn't vegetarians. Whether the restaurants serve mainly fast food or gourmet food surely to have the option to go to more purely vegetarian restaurants is a good thing, and there are plenty of non fast food style vegetarian restaurants too- Cafe V, La Mano Verde , Hans Wurst Vegan Cafe and Samadhi etc. As for the taste of the food I can only comment on the dish I had which was thai curry soup and it was delicious, it was full of wonderful fresh vegetables. I also had tea with soya milk and the soup and tea were presented excellently. The toilets have to be visited, they are decorated wonderfully and there are a range of toileteries that can be used.

Pros: Good Value, Lovely interior, Tasty soup
Merciless666
Merciless666

lots of space for lots of ideas to come...

3 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2010

yet another fast food thing in Berlin. . .
Lovely decorated place with plenty of seating options. Still the menu lakes innovation. Though anything is prepared with love it's not very close to a restaurant. Hopefully they're going to use all of their space and ideas more effective to seek more costumers. Even Vegetarians need some real food sometimes, like good old German Hausmannskost :) or likeweise. There is already to many places like this one in Berlin, to make it any more special and therefore survive. Looking forward to see some more progress in future. Good luck anyways!

Pros: close 2 my home, spacious , reasonable prices
Cons: burger again, again burger, 2 many burger shops already

Dear Owner and Manager of Rootz: