Vegetarian cafe selling soup, sandwiches, salads and cakes with plenty of vegan choices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American
27 Stirling Arcade
Stirling, Scotland FK8 1AX

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by christopherjboyce

a hideaway

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2014

If you don't know Stirling you may struggle to find this which I have included a photo of the arcade entrance.
Situated in the middle of a walkthrough arcade this small cafe has plenty of seating in the arcades thoroughfare. A limited menu but both hot options were vegan, soup and my pot lucky stew. Good wholesome food. There was a vegan cookie for desert and several other options that would suit vegetarians.
It's a shame the owner was off on my visit as her frends who were in charge were really nice, so I imagine she is as well.
The cafe is part of the yoga tree upstairs and although limited is good to have somewhere veggie in Stirling.
It could be improved quickly with a wider selection of drinks and some artisan breads.

Pros: staff, vegan options
Cons: hard to find, limited menu

Nice friendly easy eating

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2013

It is nice to see a vegetarian cafe in Stirling and whether you're vegetarian, vegan or in fact neither I'd recommend eating here. Pleasant atmosphere and a very friendly service. I've eaten here a couple of times now and enjoyed the food each time, which is very simple and nice cafe food at a fairly good price. Has a reasonable range of vegan options - or reasonable at least relative to the rest of Stirling. The Yoga Tree upstairs, which is connected is pretty good for drop in as you like yoga also.

Pros: Friendly, Inexpensive, Near to the bus and train stations

Dear Owner and Manager of Roots: