Well-stocked shop near corner of Haydn Road. Stocks vegan savory and sweet processed foods including refrigerated and frozen selections. Also dried fruit and supplements. more-less

First Review by Stevie
hungryhungryhippo
hungryhungryhippo

great little shop :-)

4 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2013

I'd definitely give this place a look, the staff are lovely, they stock strange and wonderful items normal health-food shops don't and they have a wide selection of yummy baked goods, about half of which are vegan.

Pros: pasties ect are amazing, friendly staff, cheap
Sweetpotato
Sweetpotato

Roots has lots of yummy healthy food

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

Roots has lots of yummy healthy food that I can't get from supermarkets. The staff are really friendly and helpful as well. I can wholesomely recommend this shop to all healthy eaters. Their new website can be found here http://www.roots-health-foods.co.uk

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value for money
madbrewer
madbrewer

Roots groceries and such

4 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2010

As a Northern Californian, I was happy to find anything at all that would allow me to maintain my customary diet when I moved to Nottingham, so I was very pleasantly surprised by Roots.

It's a very small place, but it's packed with lots of stuff I look for--wide selection of dried beans, tofu in the refrigerated case, nice spice selection, whole meal flours, that kind of stuff. It's mostly a place for your pantry food needs.

There's also a good selection of more eco-friendly cleaning products and non-edible stuff like that. I recall there being a lot of herbs too, though I'm not an herb person so I couldn't say how great the selection is relative to anywhere else.

The guy running the place was very nice, and the prices were not exactly cheap but reasonable.

Stevie
Stevie

Roots Natural Foods, Sherwood

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2007

For anyone close to Sherwood in Nottingham's North side this health food shop is well worth a visit.

Among the stuff on offer is a chilled foods section and also a non food section. They are looking to expand their range of children's products. Delivery service is available.

Watch out for their own website soon.

Roots is about 50 metres along the street from the Mm... deli.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Decent choice, Helpful staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Roots Natural Foods: