Organic, natural, whole food, gourmet, and special diets food products (including wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, raw food, kosher, low-fat). more-less

Mon-Wed 10:00am-6:00pm, Thu-Fri 10:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm

First Review by JLRC32

awesome staff!

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2015

Amazing selection of food and products. Many vegan options at a reasonable price and a great cafe attached as well, so much incredible vegan food to be found!

Pros: helpful staff , vegan options, amazing cafe
  • non-vegetarian

Been going to roots for 20 years!

Posted on 04 / 21 / 2015

I have been supporting Roots for 20 years and have used them as my grocery store being very happy with their choices for products. They pay attention to current trends well for such a small place. I heard a rumor they are going to add on a cafe and i am hoping this is true.

Pros: They have great selections, down to earth & helpful staff, important resource for the area
Cons: a bit out of the way off rt 2, wish they had a deli/cafe, once in awhile expired items on shelf
  • non-vegetarian

Lovely store, Terrible Service Rude, Dismissive

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2012

I was in the store on 12/28 at 5:30. I had called ahead looking for 1 specific product. I found several oils I used to order online. My quick trip for 1 turned into me spending 135 on 10 different oils! I was so excited to find everything local.The cashier was nice. He bagged 11 bottles of carrier oils, all in one tiny paper bag. He was flippant about my remarking on that fact. Sure enough, no sooner do I get out of the car, the bottom of the bag gave out, sending my products rolling to the ground. It was pitch black dark outside, windy and cold and I had to crawl around gathering up my items. A bottle of lavender and 1 bottle of Tea Tree oil broke on the pavement, 3 other bottles had their caps break, and a bottle of Neem oil cannot be found I called the store and explained what had happened, and was told that a manager would call me back. I used tape to attempt to seal the bottles to prevent additional leaking. On 1/2 I left another message, and the owner called me back today. She told me that all I need to do was bring in my products for a refund.
1 bottle of Neem was missing, as far as I know it may not have even been placed in the bag
2 bottles (lavender and tea tree oil) were broken/unsalvageable
3 bottles had the plastic caps broken right off contents leaking out and a large bottle of apricot oil still had a seal, but there must be a crack because it is 1/3 empty. She said she did not feel that she was responsible for items that I lost. Flabbergasted, I repeated myself in case she misunderstood. Nope. Her employee putting all of that weight in one bag was not her problem, I needed to bring back the full bottles for refund.It is a lovely store, fantastic selection. I wish that the service was behind that though. I will not be back. Spending 135 dollars on broken glass, plastic and various carrier oils dumped all over the pavement is not what I consider a

Pros: Nice selection , Fair prices, Happy Staff
Cons: Staff too busy chatting together to do jobs, Owner is just rude. No customer service , No value on customers

Dear Owner and Manager of Roots Natural Foods: