Asian-inspired dishes with in-house tofu and soy items. Around 95% of menu items are vegan suitable. From the owner of Zen Garden and Roots. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Asian

Laura3511
Laura3511

Wonderful!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

Roots is one of my all time favorite Louisville restaurants. It's menu is full of delicious vegan options and the atmosphere is clean and inviting. Do yourself a favor and order the green curry soup. It's absolutely amazing!

Pros: options, clean, green curry soup
RunnergirlLeah
RunnergirlLeah

Awesome

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

Got treated there by my family for my 49th birthday! Awesome food! A must for all Louisville and Southern Indiana Vegan/Vegetarians!

Pros: diverse foods, ambience , cost
Cons: parking is tuff at times
sarahburnsy
sarahburnsy

Great for dinner.

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2014

Roots is probably my favorite restaurant in Louisville. I also love Heart & Soy but as another reviewer (Megan) describes, Roots is just different. They offer a fancier, sit-down, server experience. Roots has a large menu, in my opinion and it's always hard for me to chose! Everything looks good! They do offer veg or vegan. My favorite is the Thai Salad. Simple yet so darn delicious. They have what seems like hundreds of types of teas from around the world, including organic. I love Roots!

Pros: Place to take out of towners, Date night spot, Quiet

Rifester
Rifester

Awesome!

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2014

Great food and service.

Pros: Nice Interior, Great Selection, Great Deserts
sergeantyeti
sergeantyeti

Roots digs deep

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

This is a veg/vegan Asian restaurant in Louisville. It is a sit down dinner place with delicious salads, soups and entrees such as Vietnamese vegan crepes. (Delicious) I also had some delicious edamame and cucumber rolls. (also vegan) Some dishes have cheese but I think almost everything can be made vegan. Great place, next door to Heart and Soul which is another great Asian veg restuarant.

Pros: Delicious
sbthax
sbthax

Great meal

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

Great food, service and atmosphere. There wre many vegan options (almost everything on the menu). Flavors were delicious, and dessert was a perfect end to the meal!

andreafbe
andreafbe

Lots of vegan choices!

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

I ate here twice during my recent stay in Louisville. I had a chance to try a lot of the vegan options on the menu. There were a few I loved and a few that weren't my favorites (although my husband loved them so it was just a matter of taste). Loved the papaya salad and the summer rolls - so refreshing. Homemade tofu - great! Lots of teas to choose from.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Homemade tofu
JRhodes
JRhodes

Perfect Lunch!

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

Finally had an opportunity to go to Roots and boy was it amazingly delicious! We had the rice risotto and a curried beet dish and both were simply delicious! We also shared salads which was a perfect portion for a light,summer lunch! The wait staff was so attentive and friendly and helpful in choosing the right dish among so many yummy sounding options!

Pros: Nice Ambiance, Great vegetarian food, Large selection of veggie options
rcwoolley
rcwoolley

Unreal

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2012

This is my new favourite restaurant in Louisville, and I have tried as many as I have been able to afford during my first year living in the city. I will most definitely be back, especially to return to the UNREAL pan seared ravioli. The menu features a remarkable and fresh ingredient list (variety of mushrooms!!!) and their tea menu (and price) is worth the visit alone. The dining room is pretty special and the staff and owner are very friendly and helpful. Totally worth a try

Pros: TASTE, price, presentation / atmosphere
phoray
phoray

Next Door to Awesome

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

This is actually the same restaurant as Heart & Soy. I call it the "fancy side," because you sit down with breakable dish ware and have a waiter. I love their Tofu Clay Pot, it's very addictive. When I tried their eggplant, it was over cooked to mush, but maybe people like it that way. Due to the fact that I want to save a few bucks on tip, I haven't explored this side as much as the quick lunch side. Not much more expensive than the quick lunch side, though, so that is a plus.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food

Dear Owner and Manager of Roots: