Roots Hair Salon

happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Cruelty-Free Hair Cut

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2011

My hair cut here was worth every penney. Not only was it a great cut but I was happy to support a business like this. Roots was a sponsor of Farm Sanctuary's Walk for Farm Animals in Chicago. The woman who cut my hair told me the owner sponsors "all kinds of stuff like that" which is impressive.

Also super impressive is their commitment to the environment(from their website):

"Always conscious of the impact we have on the Earth, Roots has been committed to being green since we opened in 2001. Not only do we recycle all our trash, we also recycle hair clippings through Matter of Trust (www.matteroftrust.org), an ecological nonprofit that uses the clippings to create hairmats for soaking up oil spills. With each and every clip of the scissors, you too can feel good about contributing to the bettering of our Earth."

The shop itself can be hard to find. The awning is the same color as the brick building.

Dear Owner and Manager of Roots Hair Salon: