Serves meat, veg options available. Options for vegans, crepe specialties, relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Non-veg
1104 Locust St (N Tucker Blvd)
St Louis, Missouri 63102

Crumbs
Crumbs

roosters

4 Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

Staff was very friendly and more than willing to accommodate a vegan diet.
Vegetarian options are clearly marked on the menu, and adjustments will be made on request!
I had a vegan veggie burger, with a side of potatoes.
Everything was delicious! Will definitely come back next time I'm in STL!

bartlettljc
bartlettljc

knowledgable with some options

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

In St. L for the weekend and tried this restaurant for brunch. Have a few vegan options including a vegan sausage and gravy dish. There's a vegan/gluten free crepe option which was good. A good place when you're the lone vegan in the group but not ideal if you have several needing multiple options. Amazing drink menu for brunch!

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

unlike other reviewers, I had a great brunch

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

Rooster was extremely accommodating to even my healthy no oil vegan needs! We had fantastic custom crepes, with black beans & veggies. Its a really great spot and as long as you don't expect too much you'll have a fun brunch.

Pros: vegan crepes

Cesario25
Cesario25

Disaster Brunch

1 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2011

Rooster is one of them many new restaurants downtown. I encourage the growth and diversification of the downtown scene, but not at the expense of quality.

The selection is quasi-vegetarian friendly and not vegan friendly at all. They do have some eclectic brunch cocktails, which were good. However, both times I went here, the service was really terrible (having to wait at least 10 minutes for our order to be taken, and at least 10 minutes to get our check). The price is steep and the quality is low.

Pick somewhere else for breakfast.

Pros: Good cocktails
Cons: Poor service, Small selection
meg25
meg25

Nice Atmosphere, Poor Vegan Selection

2 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2011

I tried the house-made vegan burger which came with a side of seasoned potatoes, so that is all I can comment on. The burger was a little too dry for my liking. Though there are a few vegetarian options such as french toast, pancakes, and crepes, I was disappointed with the lack of vegan options (I've gradually been converting to a vegan diet), which seemed to only consist of the veg burger, veg sandwich, and salads. Wasn't impressed.

Pros: Atmosphere, Vegan Burger
Cons: Serves meat, Lack of Vegan Options, Small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Rooster: