Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetarian dishes from very mildly spicy to spicy. Address in Japanese: 広島市東区若草町14−32 Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, International, Non-veg
Wakakusacho, 広島市東区若草町14−32  (near Hiroshima Eki train station)
Hiroshima, Japan
082-2641333

First Review by iokan
iokan
iokan

Every day please

4 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

Which restaurant do you choose? The one that has the most local customers or the one that looks the nicest? If you go for the second option, Roopali may not be your first choice. It is on a side street, far from the city centre but very close to Hiroshima station (less than a minute walk). From the outside Roopali doesn't look special or attractive.

Once inside the place is much busier than other Indian restaurants in the city. The waitress handed me an English menu without asking and was keen to explain the differences between the various dishes.

I ordered the vegetarian menu which consists of soup, papadum, two small curries, nan, a salad, rice, dessert and a drink. It's up to the customer to select the two curries in the vegetarian menu. The vegetarian curries are clearly marked and there's even a picture of each dish.

When the meal was served I thought it would be way too much, but it was all so delicious that I cleaned out each and every bowl. One can choose from five levels of spiciness, I opted for the "little hot" which offers all the taste but doesn't set the mouth on fire. The variety of the meals, the ingredients used, the spices, the portions, the service were all great. The only modest thing was the price. So if I could, I'd eat here everyday (or at least for the time I'm in Hiroshima).

Pros: taste, friendly staff, fair prices
Cons: no biryani on the menu (anymore)

Dear Owner and Manager of Roopali: