A moderate size market shop selling a range of products including local and imported fresh produce as well as packaged and dry food, chilled and frozen food, cold and hot deli food. Baked goods including vegan baked goods. Approximately 30-40% of the products are natural grocery while the rest are conventional brands. Reported to happycow.net to have the same owners as Alive & Well health food store in Kahalui. Open Mon-Sun. more-less

First Review by SynthVegan
Chia
Chia

Good variety

3 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2012

I had been here once before on another trip to Maui. Came by again this trip, December 2012, and here's my Rodeo General Store review update.

Rodeo is a good size store located in the center of Makawao town where all the restaurants and shops are located. The store sells fresh produce, hot and cold prepared foods, a small range of healthier snacks and foods mixed in with conventional and non-veg products.

My first impression was much better than this second one. Previously the store had provided more healthy natural products and veg options. This time not so much, unfortunately. I had thought I could get a quick bite of something vegan from the deli, but nothing appealed.

It seemed like that the store now offers more meat stuff and had become less vegan friendly.

Pros: small stock of healthier products
Cons: more meat than before
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Rodeo General Store

3 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

I stopped into Rodeo and felt it was smaller than other places. They carry a lot of typical vegetarian/vegan items, but the choices were limited. They also did not have the vegan baked goods (as advertised on their banner outside) the day I stopped in so I was slightly bummed about that. However, they did have a lilikoi coconut almond tapioca pudding that was pretty darn good! I'm a tapioca fanatic, so I was quite happy to find this.

Dear Owner and Manager of Rodeo General Store: