Serves meat, veg options available. Italian food made-to-order, and many dishes could be prepared vegetarian or vegan. Has gluten free pasta. Sources local and organic produce. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

dayzd89
dayzd89

Unique place

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

Unique atmosphere and great food, will definitely go back soon.

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

slow service

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

We stopped in for dinner around 8pm and were there nearly two hours due to the slow service. Additionally, it was during a heat wave and it was very hot inside as there was only a small wall a/c unit. The food was good though. We ordered the magic mushroom appetizer which was excellent. For entrées, I originally wanted the tortellini which was noted as vegan option available on the menu; however, when ordering, I was told they don't have vegan tortellini, but the vegan sauce can be used on another type of pasta, so I went with that option. It's a tropical sauce which is unique, but I don't think I'd order it again. Dirk got the Hey Jude pasta with mushroom sauce which was fabulous. By the time our food arrived, we said we'd like the bill and a vegan cheesecake slice to go. We were completely done with dinner and still no bill which we had to ask for again. The décor is funky and fun, but I'd recommend ordering ahead for take-out instead.

Pros: funky decor, interesting menu
Cons: slow service
pandora_13
pandora_13

5-Cow Worthy; I look forward to returning here.

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2010

It really bothers me that I can't rate a restaurant 5 Cows just because they serve meat dishes - especially when the restaurant is as vegan friendly as this one.

Rock Da Pasta has a menu that is not only fun to read, but is also intriguingly diverse. Coconut curry cream sauces, pineapple and mango, cilantro pesto; this isn't just spaghetti with marinara sauce, folks. (Though they do have that, as well!) And while a good portion of the menu is already vegetarian, most of the dishes can be made so simply by choosing tofu instead of chicken, and the cream-based sauces can be made with soy milk upon request.

To start off our meal, we sampled a few soups and appetizers: The Cream of Mushroom Soup with Fresh Rosemary was super rich and velvety, chunky with mushrooms, and loaded with flavor. Sticky Fingers Pot-Stickers, little edamame-filled dumplings with a gingery tamarind sauce, were surprisingly tasty and flavorful, despite their humble appearance. The Magic Mushrooms appetizer was like a chunky mushroom pate; diced cremini and shiitake mushrooms were sautéed and flavored with wine, rosemary, and truffle oil, and served with little strips of garlic bread. This was some seriously tasty stuff.

For my entrée, I had the Overnight Sensation - bowtie pasta tossed with artichoke hearts, fennel, broccoli, roasted red peppers, thinly sliced sundried tomatoes, and the optional diced, baked tofu, in a creamy cilantro pesto sauce. (They normally top this dish with bacon, but I simply asked them to omit this.) The pasta was perfectly al dente, and the sauce! Oh man. I cannot describe how good this dish was. I also sampled the Joplins Penne Rose - penne tossed with black olives, roasted red peppers, and diced, baked tofu, in a spicy, tomatoey alfredo sauce fortified with a shot of Southern Comfort. Wow. Just... wow. The third dish I tasted was The Cheese Tortellini Incident. Cheese tortellini and penne were tossed together with pignolis and chunks of fresh pineapple, mango, and bananas, in a light coconut alfredo sauce. Honestly, I'm still not sure what to think about this one. It was odd, to say the least. Bananas and cheese tortellini... perhaps not such a good combination. But it was unique for sure.

For the record, our omnivorous friends immensely enjoyed their meals, as well; this is a great place for mixed crowds. Throw in a decent little selection of interesting beers and a casual, music-oriented atmosphere, and you have a great overall dining experience.

Pros: Intriguing menu selections, Extremely veg friendly, Seriously tasty food

lisalisa08
lisalisa08

Great food/Funky Decor

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2010

I went to Rock da Pasta with my mom and sister. My mom and I are vegetarian and my sister is gluten free vegan. The restaurant was cool with record albums framed on the walls and the bar chairs had guitars for the seat backs. I got the grateful red angel hair pasta w/garlic bread - delicious! Both my mom and sister enjoyed their meals as well. My mom got a mushroom soup (can't remember the name) but she said it was unbelievably good. She also got a salad which looked delicious. Gluten free pasta is vegan which is nice and it is also served with gluten free garlic bread. They are willing to do substitutions, additions, etc which is always appreciated. I will definitely stop by this restaurant again when I am in the area! FYI they had many bottled microbrew beers for $4 which isn't bad at all for a restaurant.

Pros: Willing to substitute, Nice location/decor, Good food for all diets

Dear Owner and Manager of Rock da Pasta: