Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe attached to the health shop. Provides mostly vegetarian and vegan food. Has soup, sandwiches, toasties, cakes, and one daily vegan hot meal. Beverages include coffee, tea, and fresh vegetable juices. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Scottish, British, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by TRaeCH
magickminion
magickminion

Vegan options in Inverness

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2014

Inverness is a lovely city, but very difficult to find cafes that serve vegans. The Riverdale Centre Cafe had a few different dishes, hot and cold, and a soup which were all vegan. Phil, the chef at the cafe, is vegan himself and creates some lovely dishes. The only recommendation I would make is that the owner extend the vegan menu and get rid of the fish options. This place could really flourish if it were a vegan exclusive cafe. I love the fact that most everything is organic as well. It would be well worth stocking some vegan sandwiches and other takeaway foods in the fridge for travelers. I was pleased to find this place.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 23, 2014

Pros: mostly organic, hot and cold vegan dish options, friendly
Cons: serves fish, more vegan options
Tara HD
Tara HD

Small and friendly

3 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

I went there for lunch. They offer one soup which I believe is usually vegan and some sandwiches/toasts. For vegans they can make one with hummus but that's bascially it. They also have soya milk and offer at least one vegan cake. It's very basic food but nice and the owner is very friendly.

Pros: very friendly
TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Small but makng a big difference

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2010

I rushed to Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe just prior to them closing on a Thursday. The small corner restaurant and health food/products store is easy to miss but once inside I was immediately taken in by its charm. The server/owner helped in that respect as well.

I ordered off the menu which, I'm told, changes daily. Worth mentioning is the fact that it is almost 100% vegetarian. The vegetarian borscht was prepared for me as I perused the products for sale and 100% home-baked desserts on display. The soup was rather good; quite hearty. The bread served along with it was excellent. Because I didn't want to leave (or have them close) without trying more of their almost entirely organic offerings I asked for a slice of apple & almond cake - very tasty - alongside a chocolate and peanut butter brownie which, likewise, was brilliant.

I really enjoyed eating here and talking with the owner as she got ready to close shop and rush off to the gym. Obviously, the health-first attitude starts at the top and is carried through and expressed in the food. Emphasis is placed on buying and using local, organic and fresh ingredients. Though small, there is lots of information for both tourists and locals for events, yoga classes, etc.

It was a pleasure to eat here. Hopefully, a pleasure that I can live again when I next visit beautiful Inverness. Support this cafe!

Pros: Local, fresh, organic food, Almost 100% vegetarian, Great staff/ownership
Cons: I wouldn't mind longer hours of business

Dear Owner and Manager of Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe: