Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe attached to the health shop. Provides mostly vegetarian and vegan food. Has soup, sandwiches, toasties, cakes, and one daily vegan hot meal. Beverages include coffee, tea, and fresh vegetable juices. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Scottish, British, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by TRaeCH
Tara HD
Tara HD

Small and friendly

3 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

I went there for lunch. They offer one soup which I believe is usually vegan and some sandwiches/toasts. For vegans they can make one with hummus but that's bascially it. They also have soya milk and offer at least one vegan cake. It's very basic food but nice and the owner is very friendly.

Pros: very friendly
TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Small but makng a big difference

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2010

I rushed to Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe just prior to them closing on a Thursday. The small corner restaurant and health food/products store is easy to miss but once inside I was immediately taken in by its charm. The server/owner helped in that respect as well.

I ordered off the menu which, I'm told, changes daily. Worth mentioning is the fact that it is almost 100% vegetarian. The vegetarian borscht was prepared for me as I perused the products for sale and 100% home-baked desserts on display. The soup was rather good; quite hearty. The bread served along with it was excellent. Because I didn't want to leave (or have them close) without trying more of their almost entirely organic offerings I asked for a slice of apple & almond cake - very tasty - alongside a chocolate and peanut butter brownie which, likewise, was brilliant.

I really enjoyed eating here and talking with the owner as she got ready to close shop and rush off to the gym. Obviously, the health-first attitude starts at the top and is carried through and expressed in the food. Emphasis is placed on buying and using local, organic and fresh ingredients. Though small, there is lots of information for both tourists and locals for events, yoga classes, etc.

It was a pleasure to eat here. Hopefully, a pleasure that I can live again when I next visit beautiful Inverness. Support this cafe!

Pros: Local, fresh, organic food, Almost 100% vegetarian, Great staff/ownership
Cons: I wouldn't mind longer hours of business

Dear Owner and Manager of Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe: