Serves meat, veg options available. Try the mustard encrusted tofu and the coconut curry. One of few places in a city that is otherwise not veg-friendly. Price: Expensive more-less
Indian, Thai, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Barbstout
Barbstout

Mixed Review

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

I liked the place as soon as I walked in...small intimate, great outside patio.
The service was slow but this was not a fast food place..."Fine dining" read it's sign. My husband and I always share a meal as we did here. The Spring Rolls were by far the best I've ever tasted! You get four in a serving, plenty to share as an appetizer. Our main dish was the Mustard Encrusted Tofu. The tofu was too thick and only encrusted on one side. As this isn't an exclusive vegetarian/vegan restaurant we realize that most chefs don't have a clue on how to use tofu! I probably won't return, especially since we will only be here a week and it was expensive!

Pros: Setting, Spring Rolls
Cons: Slow service, Tofu not cooked, Expensive
josong
josong

great lunch

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2013

This is a delightful restaurant in an otherwise vegan deficient city. We had a great lunch by combining the Asian lunch salad with the hummus appetizer. It was delicious and quite filling. As a previous reviewer remarked, the only vegan entrees are on the dinner menu, and most of them were spicy. Since we are never in Yuma for dinner, we were happy to find this combination. Very friendly service, and yes, a little pricey, but worth the price.

Ginita
Ginita

Not a place for lunch

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

I was so excited to find a place in Yuma with vegan options. The only problem is I was hoping to have lunch options. The menu is very pricey for a bar and grill type place. There are several vegan entrees, the problem is they each cost $17. On the lunch menu there are cheaper options for meat eaters but if you want something vegan you have to order off the dinner menu. I ended up getting the hummus and the spring rolls which were both delicious. The hummus was thick and crumbly but moist, not like the goopy dip that I'm used to. It was verrrry good and I liked the consistency of it. The spring rolls were delicious too. The waitress was awesome. Very friendly and helpful, however the proprietor looked us up and down like we weren't good enough for her restaurant. I wanted to leave, but my group had already ordered drinks. The appetizers were wonderful, but I probably wouldn't go back.

Pros: Good food, Good service
Cons: Overpriced, Snooty owner, No vegan lunch items

goodkarmakatie
goodkarmakatie

Pricey but good service

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

I really liked the restaurant staff. They were very friendly and helpful. I ordered vegetarian spring rolls which were tasty but ordinary. For my entree I ordered the vegan tofu pad thai. It was not very impressive for the cost of the dish. The portion was more than adequate though. As far as the ambiance, I liked the little candle lamps they had on each table...added a little charm.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 28, 2012

Pros: friendly staff, large portions
Cons: expensive, ordinary
seahag
seahag

Very tasty surprise

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2009

These folks put the YUM in Yuma! Spouse and I made our annual visit to see family, expecting the usual (desperate searches for edible food when Nature's Express is closed). After checking Happy Cow, we decided to try River City Grill. We had a fantastic dinner and the service was awesome. Small and intimate, with great ambience and decor -- more than once I said "I don't even feel like we're in Yuma!" I started with a great "Asian" salad and then had the tofu and black bean entree. Both were outstanding. Great presentation, excellent seasoning. Spouse is a carnivore and enjoyed his dinner very much. I would go back there happily! If it had been open on Thanksgiving, we'd have definitely gone there. It makes the food wasteland that is Yuma a much tastier place. Thank you, River City Grill!

Pros: Great service, Excellent food, Artful
yuma
yuma

Only menu in town with word "vegan" on it.

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2007

Not only place with vegan entrees (try India House on 20th block of 4th AVE).

It is pricey but good food.

Pros: Blackened Tofu is good., Ambience (in short supply in yuma), The word "vegan" is printed on the menu
Cons: pricey, limited seating, in Yuma

Dear Owner and Manager of River City Grill: