Ristorante Vegetariano...

MicheleVeganese
MicheleVeganese

Vegan Island In North Tuscany

5 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

A real italian style dinner - all Vegan. Several options for antipasti, primi and secondo piatti, salads and of course desert. Eating dinner one day and returning for lunch the other day - we havent been able to try it all. Pitagora offers a variety of creative cookings. Especially the pasta and crespelle made us very happy.

rickwoodm
rickwoodm

Surprise to find

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2012

I recently spent 6 weeks in Marina Di Massa, or Massa, for work. Coming over from Australia I wasn't expecting to get to a town of this relatively small size and find that there was a vegan restaurant literally 2 blocks from my hotel. I ate there 2-3 times per week (though could easily have gone more often). The menu isn't particularly extensive. There's one Appetizer, 4 Entrees, 4 Main Meals and a few salads, with a majority of the meals being very much based on tofu or seitan. The menu changes with the seasons (I was here in Autumn). I quickly learnt that you don't need 3 courses to leave feeling satisfied as the meals are a very reasonable size and more than reasonable price. What they lacked in variety, they quickly made up for in flavour. I can't honestly say I had a single meal there which was anything but fantastic.
The waitress' didn't speak a great deal of English, but as I was a regular we have a bit of "point at the menu and try pronounce the word" relationship, though the chef speaks reasonable English and is always more than happy to come out and answer/explain any queries you may have.

Pros: Lots of flavour, Large portions/small cost
Mirkosun
Mirkosun

Ok

3 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2012

It's a vegetarian restaurant with several vegan options. The food is nice, but in my opinion it is too seitan/tofu based and the food is not organic. We have so many vegan recipes in Italy that we should propose in such restaurants, also because people are going to think that vegan means only strange ingredients coming from the Far East culture. Anyway, try it, it is worth a visit!

Pros: Nice food, Nice cozy place
Cons: Not organic, Too much seitan/tofu based

lalunanelbosco
lalunanelbosco

I've found "home"

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2011

I've been looking for a good veg restaurant in my area for quite a long time. Italy is not rich in veg*an restaurants and the few I've tried are usually quite expensive and make you feel still hungry when you leave because of the small servings. When I finally found "Pitagora" I felt like a won the lottery! :) The food is delicious, they could even make me change my mind about seitan: I had never liked it much and now I love it!! Most food is actually vegan. Courses are generous and a side dish is always included (salad/potatoes). The staff is nice and friendly. We drive for almost 1 hour and half from home to get there, but it's worth the trip!!

Pros: generous servings, rather cheap prices, delicious food

Dear Owner and Manager of Ristorante Vegetariano Pitagora: