Vegetarian restaurant in the historic center of Perugia. Offers macrobiotic vegan food options, rice and potatoes, pizza, variety of vegetable dishes. Seats many. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Macrobiotic, Beer/Wine
via Baldo, 7
Perugia, Italy 06121

First Review by Oliver
Oliver
Oliver

Why is this restaurant listed here?

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2014

We went to this restaurant, because it was listed here. But we wonder why?! There weren't any vegan or even vegetarian meals marked on the menu, and there were only very few things that were suitable, just a few plain pasta dishes and some pizzas. You could easiy find more in any Italian restaurant. The waiter didn't know the word "vegan", and he wasn't friendly or interested at all. We ended having pasta with tomato sauce (it even came without the basil, as advertised) and my friend had a pizza, nothing special about it.

The enty should be deleted. I guess it's because it's marked as having vegan kitchen on TripAdvisor, but that is clearly not the case. The only good thing about it, they had a tasty Italian, brown beer.

A really good place (and I think the only totally vegetarian) in Perugia is "Il Chico Integrale". Certainly worth eating there.

I wonder why I can only give 2 stars as an overall rating. I would prefer to give 0, or at least no more than 1.
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 29, 2014

Pros: Nothing, but good local, brown beer
Cons: Just few pasta dishes and pizza is veg., Very bad service

Dear Owner and Manager of Ristorante Il Baldo: