Ristorante Idea Mediterranea

Serves meat, veg options available. Offer vegetarian fare and also fish. Breakfast menu all day includes coffee, fresh fruit juices, filled bread rolls, salads. Hot food menu available from 12pm onwards. Direction: From Piazza del Duomo (Cathedral Sq) walk along via Torino, it's the 2nd street on the left. See website for map. Previously named Natura 8+. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Juice bar, fast-food, Take-out, Non-veg
Via Dell'Unione 3 (Via Torino, short walk from Cathedral Sq)
Milan, Italy 20122
+39-02-39660067

Open Mon-Sat 7:30-20:00, closed Sun.

First Review by Stevie
Alessandro
Alessandro

Cheap and fast

3 Posted on 10 / 11 / 2010

Cafeteria style with lots of tables, also outdoor seating. Location a bit hidden. Daily menu is reasonably priced, good selection of fresh fruit juices.

Pros: not expensive, fast service
Tullio
Tullio

vegetarian restaurant next to Duomo

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2010

I had launch here three times and I did enjoy the food. Given the position I found it cheap. Every time I go to Milan I go here to eat or at least to have a fresh juice. Everything is ready to be served (menu includes seitan) and you can have a quick lunch.

Pros: central position, fast, cheap
Cons: limited choice
Guest
Guest

Go across the street !

2 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

We got there in the afternoon and wanted to eat - not a good idea. The place is really more of a juice bar than anything else. The food menu was somehow written into the counter, but 1/2 of it was not readable - that kind of tells me that most people just go there there for juice and coffee. Go across the street for lunch - I promise you will not regret it - that place is GREAT.

Pros: None
Cons: Choices, Too scared to try
aclasse
aclasse

Pleasant lunch stop

4 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2008

We were pleased to find this place open as a couple of the other veggie restaurants we looked for in Milan had shut down before we arrived. Natura 8+ is a self-service place and labelling is in Italian only (as far as I could see) but staff were helpful and tolerated our pidgin Italian. There are hot dishes (pasta, a rice dish and tortilla things the day we went) as well as salads etc from the takeaway counter which you can eat in.

The staff seem to understand "vegan" and had at least a couple of things that were suitable for vegans. To drink, there is coffee and "alternative" hot drinks such as orzo as well as fresh juices. There is plenty of space so you won't be hassled if you take your time over lunch.

They seem to close quite early at the moment, 4.30 I think it said. Maybe this is just for the winter. Also (unless I misunderstood) there was a prawn dish on the takeaway counter in which case it obviously isn't 100% vegetarian.

Pros: Spacious and relaxed, Fresh well-prepared food, Vegans catered for
Cons: Food might be too basic for some tastes
Poundie
Poundie

Chic jucie bar

3 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2007

This is a juice bar with some nice raw salads, along with sorbet and some finger food options. The Latteria across the street is more of a restaurant, but those who are in Milan for fashion week and want a chicer place, or those who want some vegan options might at least check out this place.

Pros: chic, fresh, good food
Cons: limited menu

Stevie
Stevie

Natura 8+ , Milan

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2007

I was there before noon so only had the breakfast counter to choose from (the full menu starts at 12:00). Food avaiable for lacto, ovo and vegan veggies. Modern looking joint with seating indoor and out. English spoken by helpful staff. Very centrally located only a few mins walk from Cathedral Square. There's another veggie restaurant right across the street so it's useful having 2 places to choose from so close to each other. Reasonably priced.

Pros: Central, Open early, Vegan veggie offerings
Cons: Closed Sundays, Closes 8 pm

Dear Owner and Manager of Ristorante Idea Mediterranea: