Dedicated gluten-free bakery that's also vegan. Makes breads and baked goods - call ahead for the day's selection. Accepts custom orders. Reported to be 100% vegan as of Mar 2015. more-less
10836 1/2 Washington Blvd
Culver City, California 90232
Now Open

Mon-Sat 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 10:00am-2:00pm

First Review by Veganunicorn

Scones, cookies and cookie sandwiches, yay!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2015

This place is heartwarmingly small, with little samples at the counter of some pretty impressive brioche bread. The blueberry scones are TO DIE FOR--which is a huge deal for me to say, as both my partner and I are pretty staunchly bothered by anything vegan that is almost obligatorily also gluten-free in Los Angeles (as if I became vegan because I was obviously orthorexic...but I digress). Literally some of the best scones I have had as a vegan. The chocolate chip cookies are also amazing, and their chocolate chip cookie sandwich is stellar. I'd veer away from the focaccia-esque bread, as it's pretty spongy and "squeaky" (I think this is because of the gluten-free batter they use). But their bagels are pretty good and there's never a wait to get your vegan noms :-).

Pros: Great scones/cookies, Cute storefront
Cons: Small selection of sweeter things, Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Rising Hearts Bakery: