Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe bar alternative feel. Has soymilk and sometimes vegan cake. Buffet on Thursday. Offers an Ethiopian vegan platter dish which has a choice of 6 Ethiopian dishes on injera bread. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by josinclair
josinclair
josinclair

Delicious Ethiopian Cuisine

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

My daughter and I had a wonderful lunch here. The atmosphere was bohemian and made us feel as though we were on holiday!
More than half the menu was vegan food - a refreshing change to the usual restaurants we visit.
The barman was friendly and advised us well. He suggested that we went for a lunchtime platter which was extremely good value at £5.50. I had fried green beans and carrots as well as spinach fried in garlic. The platter had the option of rice with vegetables or Ethiopian flat bread.
I dont like greasy food so was a little worried about the 'fried' dishes, but they were light and flavoured with mild Ethiopian spices.
My daughter had the Cajun wedges, which were enough for two to share.
The chef came out to check that we were enjoying our meals.
The cheque came to just under £13 including our two soft drinks which I think is very reasonable.
Definitely recommended!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, plenty of atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Risc: