RiR Organic Plus Greens

Serves meat, veg options available. Organic food place that also offers vegan, vegetarian, and macrobiotic food with no added MSG. Has Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

lauraswanderlust
lauraswanderlust

Disappointing restaurant

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2015

This restaurant is definitely NOT all vegetarian. For someone not confident with Japanese kanji, you will have the choice of ordering the "lunch set" or "lunch deli". As far as I could tell, the set is the same but includes a drink and a dessert. The menu is incredibly hard to make out, and limited. The veggie deli options change regularly, but you don't get to choose what items come on your plate.

When I ordered the "lunch deli" I had a well presented and delicious plate of mystery salad (which I think is fun!) including stewed ginger and mushroom potato salad. The main was disappointing - just some brown rice in a plain tomato curry sauce. Something not very unique or special.

The staff were not welcoming, the largely ignored myself and my partner, despite us smiling and making our best efforts. I really wanted to like this place, but I won't be returning again.

Pros: Has one vegetarian option, Desserts are vegan friendly
Cons: Very limited menu, No English, Rude and dismissive staff
Gilles et Sylvie
Gilles et Sylvie

Yesterday

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2014

We went for lunch yesterday with my wife and I, plus a friend the 3 of us vegan and with our interpreter non vegan. It was absolutely delicious As far as I know it is now totally vegan I even had no onions no garlic menus . Very cheap as well . It was so good we order " bento" (take away ) for today's trip in train . We do recumbent it

Pros: very good food, excellent value, friendly staff
BrendanBrown
BrendanBrown

Nice Place, good food

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

I went with my wife and we both liked it very much . It has a nice, relaxed atmosphere and decor, good food. However, it was a little difficult to distinguish which dishes were vegan and which were not; I am always nervous about accidentally ordering something that isnt vegan and as I recall it wasnt clearly definitively stated.

tblois
tblois

Nice Vegatarian Restaurant

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

They have a few different meals you can buy at lunch, including Japanese style curry, Natto salad rice bowl, and other types of Rice bowls. Only one of the lunch sets was not vegetarian.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 01, 2013

Pros: Near downtown, Several lunch sets to choose from
Cons: Staff don't speak much English

Dear Owner and Manager of RiR Organic Plus Greens: