Once-a-week pop-up market cafe at the Eastside Urban Harvest Farmers Market. Serves healthy vegan food .such as salads, wraps, sandwiches, tacos, and sweets Also Wednesdays at Urban Harvest City Hall Market 11am-1:30pm - see website info. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Take-out

saveur
saveur

Delicious

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

I can only comment on her ice cream, but it was delicious. A very small serving for over $5, though. Not a great price but then it dissuades me form eating it all the time.

Pros: delicious
Cons: small serving, expensive
cghouston
cghouston
  • non-vegetarian

You'll love it even if you aren't a vegan

5 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

I've been to Ripe twice now and both times I've had amazing food. I am not a vegan or vegetarian but I LOVE Steph's food. She really knows how to combine flavors and spices and I know I will always have a great dish...even if I don't really know what's in it. Ha! I had the tacos, burger, and ice cream last week and all three were completely different but equally delish. I can't wait to see what she has on her menu next week.

Pros: healthy, delicious options, good value for money
utivquodi
utivquodi

Cornucopia of flavors

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

I've eaten at RIPE a a couple of times now and have had a great experience each time. Stephanie really knows how to combine flavors. This week I had the fajitas and the sweet/sour/hot/spicy combination was delightful. Stephanie mixes up the menu which provides opportunity for new tastes. She takes care of her clients and adjusts to their requests on the fly. I'm very impressed with the overall experience and hope she continues to do well.

Pros: Excellent food, Variety of flavors, Wonderful service
Cons: Summer heat:)

b_maren
b_maren

Delicious, Seasonal & Healthy Vegan Food

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

I grew up in Houston but now live in NYC. I've been home twice in the past couple months, and have made it a point to stop by Ripe on Sundays! I have yet to be disappointed, and everything is always super delicious! Not to mention very affordable. I first sampled the Buddha Noodle bowl made with raw zucchini noodles, and ended up going back to purchase a second one! It was super fresh and satisfying. I also tried my parents' selections, and really enjoyed everything. On my more recent trip, I got the Tofu Banh Mi, which was amazing. The eggplant mayo and pecan porcini pate added a special touch to the sandwich. I of course had to order the Mocha Road Ice Cream as well, which did not disappoint. My sweet tooth was fully satisfied.

Pros: tasty & healthy, seasonal & local, affordable
Veggie Louise
Veggie Louise

Best veggie burger ever

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

Had my first sampling of Ripe's cuisine yesterday at the Eastside Farmer's Market and it was outstanding. The West Coast Burger was awesome! I will definitely be back every Sunday to see what new items Stephanie has dreamed up.

annmontgomery
annmontgomery
  • non-vegetarian

DELICIOUS food and constantly changing menu

4 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

The food was delicious. It was flavorful and very filling. I tasted both the West Coast burger and the squash taco. The ice cream was a perfect end to the meal. And you know you are getting a very healthy meal! They are super friendly and helpful and are able to explain the menu items and make helpful suggestions! She is definitely a fabulous cook! The menu is different each week so you can always try something new and different. This booth was definitely the most popular...I saw many people going back and trying a different menu item. Some people were sharing menu items (like we did) so you can try more than one item.

Pros: healthy food, varied menu
alxsrbraun
alxsrbraun

Great food & something new every week

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

I've been to Ripe about three times now, and the food is always great - full of flavor! I've had (or tasted someone else's) grilled peach salad, tofu bahn mi, sloppier joe, squash tacos, West Coast burger, and avocado tacos. The food is always complex and layered with flavors! The best thing is that she changes her menu weekly, so you can go back the next week and try something completely different! (And try the ice cream - perfect for the hot summer!)

Pros: Great food, Changing menu, Get to eat outside, listen to music
pennylane
pennylane
  • raw

sloppy joe and avocado tacos

2 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

I tried them out at houston vegfest ordered the Avocado Tacos and sloppy joe both were good but the sloppy joe was small for the price I thought it would come with fries. The guy working there was rude though.

Pros: good food, Avocado Tacos
jlpicard86
jlpicard86

Friendly with a changing menu

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

I have been to Ripe three times now and have tried something different each time. The Sea-sar salad tasted just like I remember a Cesar salad taste but totally vegan. I had the beet felafel which was good as well. Both of those were on the small side, but I prefer that over the typical Texas portions. This past weekend I had the sloppier Joe, and I was amazed at how much food this was compared to the other menu items (my boyfriend had the avocado tacos which I liked a lot but definitely less food). I even got the ice cream but by that point it had melted (but I still enjoyed it).

Every time I have gone I am greeted with smiles and they are very friendly and willing to help if you have preferences. My favorite thing is they change the menu each week! Some items are favorites and have shown up multiple times but she puts at least one item that she hasn't had before. This is why I go back, many booths at farmer's markets have the exact same menu each week and do not vary it based on what is in season but Ripe thankfully is mindful of the produce in season.

I know another comment was on Veg Fest, I didn't go to her booth at the event because I wanted to try something different, but I know when I go on Sunday's at the farmer's market it is always pleasant.

Pros: Friendly, Inovative, Excellent Food
Cons: Only Sundays, Small Portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Ripe Pop-up: