Richard's Foodporium

Part of chain of health food stores in Florida. Stocks natural and organic food, specialty food, vitamins, nutritional supplements, personal care, bulk staples, gluten-free, and more. more-less

First Review by germanspice
germanspice
germanspice

Vegan?

2 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

I am vegan and came here looking for something to munch on on my way home because I was starving. There were two or three ladies in their 50's and 60's stocking shelves and I asked one of them where I could find vegan snacks. She just gave me a puzzled look, and after thinking long and hard took me to the granola bar isle. She obviously had no clue what vegans eat. Not that there aren't bars that can be part of a vegan diet, but she just seemed totally lost as to what else she could possibly suggest. So I am thinking, maybe they need to train their employees in that field so that they can do more than look puzzled?

Pros: decent variety of products
Cons: staff is clueless

Dear Owner and Manager of Richard's Foodporium: