Rice Up Wholefoods

Vegan food and grocery shop that's a workers' cooperative, opened July 2013. Provides ethical food ranges, organic fruit and vegetable, bulk staples, along with ethical household products and cosmetics. The deli features prepared vegan foods for takeaway. more-less

First Review by teafour2
SallyC1
SallyC1

I love this place so much!

5 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

There's nothing not to love about Rice Up. I am a regular customer but still can't quite get over the fact that, as a vegan, there isn't one thing in it that isn't suitable for me!
They have a fantastic range of products, from the ultra healthy to the extremely indulgent as well as seasonal ranges - most my Christmas food came from here last year, from the chocolate advent calendar to mince pies via chocolate sorbet and samosas.
They also offer a good range of take-away food - I especially love their sausage sandwiches and tiffin cake.
Their prices are really reasonable and especially with the loose produce can be cheaper than elsewhere.
It's a really friendly, welcoming place to shop and has a lovely community feel.

Pros: fantastic range of products, good value, friendly staff
MoobaMoo
MoobaMoo

What vegan Southampton needs!

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2014

Rice up carries a wide range of products inculding make up. Good selection of in-house bakery items. Totally vegan!

HilaryHubbard
HilaryHubbard

A long awaited wholefood shop for the city

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

Southampton has been waiting a long time for a dedicated whole food store and Rice Up ticks all the boxes. Great range of produce with items being added all the time and on request - if there is something you want that they don't stock they will get it. Fresh produce from local providers and a serve yourself section. I particularly like the self serve herb and spices.

Pros: Variety - lots of items to choose from, Shop layout - clean and modern, Serve yourself sections/deli counter
Cons: Can't think of any :)
Sara-Loves-Lettuce
Sara-Loves-Lettuce

Fantastic All Vegan Grocery Store

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

Such a much needed shop! I wish there was a whole chain of Rice Up. I could not believe my eyes when I first walked in. You can get everything you need in there. I'm planning my next trip off of the Isle of Wight very soon. Highly recommend the cakes in the Deli. Also there are so many products I've never seen, that I can't wait to try. Thank you to all of you dedicated to 100% Vegan Ethical - Amazing!

Pros: 100% Vegan, Deli Counter, Huge Amount of Choice
Cons: I don't live in Southampton ;-)
jillthecakemaker
jillthecakemaker

fantastic vegan superstore

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

I discovered this amazing vegan emporium via Facebook , and what a wonderful place it is. i can get everything i need under one roof , wonderful friendly helpful staff , clean shop and amazing range of products .

Pros: great range of products, friendly staff, fair prices
Cons: no parking close by
DonnaFitzgerald
DonnaFitzgerald

Wonderful friendly vegan store

5 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

I was so pleased when this store recently opened. Very good and varied range of fresh produce - much of which I could only previously buy online - along with make up and toiletries. Highly recommend! :)

Pros: Great range of products, Fresh cakes etc, Friendly staff
teafour2
teafour2

Great little Supermarket

5 Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

Opened recently. Lovely shop, not massive ( about as big as a Tesco express) but really well stocked, lots of choice and I believe EVERYTHING is vegan. They have a much greater selection than Holland and Barrett- fresh organic veg, a full pick and mix style row of spices and nuts, also soya slices, tofu, full frozen and chilled section, dried and packaged goods (beans, pasta, specialist flours), sweets and toiletries. Plus they offer a small deli (coleslaw, bean salad, cakes, soup) and fresh bread. The shop is light and airy. All in all a great addition to Southampton.

Pros: All vegan, Lots of choice, Ethical and more mainstream brands

Dear Owner and Manager of Rice Up Wholefoods: