Serves meat, veg options available. Contemporary Asian restaurant. Website menu shows the gluten-free and dairy-free menu items. Many entrees come with choice of protein choice, including tofu. Lunch prices are cheaper than dinner ones. Price: Expensive more-less
Chinese, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg

thebeardedcarrot
thebeardedcarrot

delicious!

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

I had the green onion Chinese pancake wraps and they were incredible. It was so nice they had a separate vegan menu. I recommend this place to anyone

Pros: delicious, variety of flavors , fast service
Cons: slightly spendy
EverydayTastiness
EverydayTastiness

Asian Vegan

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

Make sure to ask for the vegan menu. The main menu is nice, but there is fish sauce lurking in places I wouldn’t have expected. The vegan menu is much smaller than the main menu. I was happy they had one with the options clearly listed. I don’t like playing twenty questions with the servers.

For a starter, we had vegan spring rolls off the vegan menu; the regular one has fish sauce. Delicious rice paper rolls with tofu, lettuce, bean sprouts, rice noodles, cilantro, and a tiny bit of mint. Their signature peanut sauce was amazing. It totally made the dish. I was tempted to buy a bottle to take home.

My entrée was the Rice Paper Coconut Tofu. It promised crispy tofu drizzled with scallion oil and paired with jasmine rice and a salad. They had me as toasted coconut flakes. It was delicious. I enjoyed the strong coconut flavor which was nicely complemented by the scallion oil. The tofu was moderately crispy, and the sauce smothering the rice was very tasty. The salad was also good. The sesame seeds and chopped cilantro really made it shine. I didn’t enjoy the cold coconut sauce in the small bowl. I just moved it out of the way. Portion size was good. I was able to eat the whole thing which brought me to just full which was good since there are no vegan deserts on the menu.

My wife ordered the Ruby and Jade curry. It was a spicy mix of cabbage ribbons and rice noodles in peanut curry sauce. I was tempted to get it, but after trying it I realized I made a good choice with the coconut tofu. It was good, but the cabbage was a bit over powering. It was also a tad spicier than I like, but my wife enjoyed the heat. The little sesame rice cake was tasty.

Overall, we enjoyed our trip. The hostess and server were very polite and friendly which made for a pleasant dining experience. The total was around $40 which isn’t cheap, but the food was good. I would go back again.

Pros: Tasty Food, clearly labeled menu items, good staff
Cons: expensive, no vegan deserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Rice Paper Restaurant: