Porridge, hand-made noodles lo-main, and more. No MSG is used in the food. If new or full moon is on a Monday, they will be open on Mon, closed Tue. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, International, Fast food, Take-out

cksurfz
cksurfz

Nice Place

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

Many varieties for main courses, soups &snacks . Prices slightly above average with no aircon environment.

Pros: Beside having Veg Provision Shop.
Cons: Self-order But Table No no.
Peace ...
Peace ...

Nice Porridge and ala carte snack ...

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2010

I went to the Rice House (粥大王) after reading this in Sunday times January 4 2009 - In search of the unknown in the Foodie CONFIDENTIAL column.

Taxi Driver Alice Tan who is a non-vegetarian mentioned this place as one of the good food places :-

"There is also a vegetarian stall in Geylang East Avenue 2. The porridge from that shop is really good. I can finish two bowls in a sitting. The dish isn't too salty and doesn't dry the throat. It's simple but tastes very good."

And guess what she answer for the question - What would your last meal be? Her answer is :

"I would like something simple like the vegetarian porridge in Geylang East. That is all I need. Nothing else."

I had porridge (Porridge and Congee is my favourite food) and deep-fried beancurd (which was a little to o hard).On the whole, the price was reasonable but the place will be too far for me (I need 1.5hr travel time via public transport).
Update (11 Apr 2010)
Geylang is a Vegetarian Heaven. Was at Kwan Inn Vegetarian Food in Geylang, so near to Rice House and I went for my second round of vegetarian food again.
To my surprise, North South East West which is a Fusion Vegetarian Cuisine Restaurant located in the heartland of Marine Parade is run by the same group. Look like I should visit North South East West which offers Western or Fusion Vegetarian Fare.
Back to what I had - Otak-Otak Slice $3, vegetarian version but deep-fried. If there is a steam version option (no oil or less oil), that would be nice. It is slightly crispy and is yummy as an appetiser or accompaniment for steamed rice or porridge.
I still prefer the traditional Otak-Otak which is wrapped in a fresh banana leaf that bring out the subtle flavour when left to sizzle over hot charcoal/fire or cook gently in streamer. But it is only available in some vegetarian stalls, so I would get those from Friendly Vegetarian Supplier and baked them in toaster oven.

herbman
herbman

nice porridge

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2010

nice porridge as the other name suggest "Porridge King"

Pros: quite

Dear Owner and Manager of Rice House: