Riccardo's Italian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Upscale, sophisticated ambiance. Offers Italian cuisine and has a separate vegan menu. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
126 Fulham Rd, Chelsea
South West London, England SW3 6HU
020-7370-6656

Open Mon-Fri 12-3pm, 6:30-11:30pm, Sat 12-11:30pm, Sun 12-10:30pm.

First Review by kezia
floopylou
floopylou

disappointing dinner

2 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

I was pleased to find an Italian I could actually go with my non vegan friends. Unfortunately when my order turned up it wasn't what I expected, it was a really small salad. I didn't find the vegan menu that clear as there is one list of dishes and either there are no vegan starters or there isn’t any real distinction between what is meant to be a main or starter in terms of size and price. So perhaps it was just an overpriced starter I ordered?!

In fairness they took it away and made me a pizza instead. This was basically a pizza that omitted the non vegan elements. This approach to vegan food for me is lacking. The pizza was disappointing and I had to cover it in olive oil to give it some taste.

At the start of the meal we also had to repeat three times that we wanted some tap water to the waitress. She still brought bottled water and we were charged for it.

I didn’t see any vegan desserts. It does mention coconut milk can be requested on the desert menu. They cater for wheat and gluten free diets also.

Pros: Italian vegan options normally a rarity
Cons: some dishes are overpriced, the vegan pizza isn't good
kezia
kezia

An Italian that caters well for vegans

3 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

I have had many a superb meal here with family and friends.
The restaurant is on The Fulham Road in Chelsea, for those who don't know London, it is in an affluent area and the clientele and feel of Riccardos reflect this. All the dishes I have tried are authentic and well presented, my favorite Is the Penne Pomodoro Basilico and the Linguine Funghi Di Bosco is great too.There is an excellent choice of wines and sprits. The staff are good, attentive but not too intrusive.
Being Vegan it's rare to find a restaurant that caters so well for vegans as well as doing all the traditional meat dishes. Although some vegans may feel uncomfortable as lots of "traditional Italian meat dishes" such as Veal, appear on the non-vegan menu, I feel uncomfortable myself, but as a compromise on somewhere to go with non-vegan friends or family, Riccardo's it fits the bill.
The only let down that I feel the vegan menu has is that at present there are no vegan deserts, and no soya milk available…but I have recently spoken to Riccardo himself about this. He has a very hands on approach to his business and you will often see him in the restaurant. He is a friendly and easy to talk too, and is very interested in service. So fingers crossed there will be some vegan desert options and soya milk available soon.

Pros: An Italian that caters well for vegans, Large vegan menu, Great location
Cons: No vegan deserts, but hopefully soon!, No soya milk available , Serves Veal!

Dear Owner and Manager of Riccardo's Italian Restaurant: