Serves meat, veg options available. Long time operating breakfast and brunch place. Has a veggie American breakfast that consists of white gravy with biscuits, soysausage patties, tempeh on biscuits with veggie gravy, and spinach. Also has tofu scramble, country fried tempeh, and tempeh reuben. Indoor as well covered patio seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out. Non-veg

imelectric
imelectric

YUMMY VEGAN OPTIONS!

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

Flew in to Atlanta starving, thanks to Happy Cow I found Bluebird, a kitschy hip diner with an eclectic customer base. The waiters and waitresses, all tatted up and kind, offered me any seat available in the house, unlimited coffee with soy milk. I went for the tofu scramble (which wasn't really a scramble by definition but delicious). Many vegan and vegetarian options at this cool little place.

Pros: veggie options, vegan options, autonomously perfect
mozzer1152
mozzer1152

wow wow wow

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2011

The best food.ive ever put in my mouth. Get there early

Pros: great atmosphere, unique menu, amazing food
Cons: small parking lot
hippublican
hippublican

Good luck

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2010

I've been here once and was not impressed. Parking was a nightmare, the wait list was excruciating, the food was so-so... we sat in their outdoor section, which looked cute but wasn't very comfortable... plus rain was leaking in all over the place, everything was wet. Our waiter was kind of a doosh.

Pros: Cute
Cons: average food, insufficient parking, long wait

azzureelove
azzureelove

Good Breakfast

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2009

The tofu scramble and sweet potatoe patty were both very good. The staff was very friendly and the portion size was good. I am glad they decided to add a vegan item to the menu, but I think the scramble is all I would eat. Will gladly return for it next time.

Pros: vegan option, friendly staff, good portion
Cons: little far from downtown, limited choices
negnog
negnog

uninspired and unflexible

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

no flexibility to a menu that is uninspired...the waitstaff has been quite rude about even asking for a sauce on the side and explained the chef is quite particular...I am consistently baffled by the crowds that flock here...

Pros: location
Cons: unflexible, not creative, rude service fueled by rude chef
navski
navski

good vegan options for a non-veg place

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2008

Breakfast here was really good. There were a few vegan options, I had the tofu scramble, which wasn't like your usual tofu scramble as it came on a bed of black beans, but tasted great. I ordered a side of avocado slices and my friend had a side of soy-sauge, which he thought was the best quality for imitation sausage. Long wait for a table, though.

Pros: 2-3 vegan options, tasty, creative
Cons: long wait, no substitutions, awkward tables
bird
bird

Ria's is good

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2007

Bionic breakfast is totally vegan and DELISH.
Also, the tempeh reuben on the lunch menu rocks.
I wish they had toast though...and I agree that it would be cool if they would make some of their fantastic sounding specials vegan.

Lettuce Muncher
Lettuce Muncher

Butter everything!!!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2006

After searching for 20 minutes to find this place, I discovered they had one vegan option: fruit. The biscuits were buttermilk, the pancakes were buttermilk. They had no soy sausage patties, no tempeh. The gravy was vegetarian but not vegan. The non-vegans thought the food was good. I was still hungry!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Ria's Bluebird: