Moderate size store offering selections of healthy foods, natural cosmetics, and products. Has vegan frozen and refrigerated food, fauxmeats, tofu, and rice yogurt. more-less
Calle de la Regina, Santa Croce 2264

sbszine
sbszine

Great!

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

An excellent store with everything you need: soymilk, tofu, fruit and veg, booze, etc. Lots of gluten free stuff too if you need that.

Pros: Great range
Cons: Hard to find
leicalad
leicalad

Worth hunting down

Posted on 09 / 15 / 2013

Get your bearings for this shop is worth the effort. I was there late in the evening having only arrived that day on a self catering holiday and a little the worse for wear. There were so many balsamic vinegars to choose from and organic, too, everything is organic here. Their clientele must be mainly local. They have a wide range of stock and different labels within each variety. It is worth hunting down.

Oh by the way, the calle is narrow and unprepossessing. It is not that far from the Rialto/San Silvestro, with only a bridge or two to cross if you have mobility problems.

Pros: It's off the beaten track, Good stock, Lots of varieties
Cons: It's off the beaten track
Karen P
Karen P

a godsend!

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

Venice is a vegan wasteland, so this place is a godsend. The only place we found with FRESH tofu. Great selection of meat substitutes, dairy substitutes, and vegan pasta entrees. Very good bread. Don't forget to check the back room, where the frozen foods are kept.

hokusai77
hokusai77

Organic food in Venice

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

Good choice of vegan products in central Venice. I even found organic teriyaki sauce which is difficult to find in Italy.

Pros: many options
Cons: not too easy to locate
Jess McNeill
Jess McNeill

Excellent selection

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

This place was a life saver for me. I'm vegan, gluten-fre, sugar-free e and pregnant and this little store was just a short walk from our hotel (Pensione Guerrato, it was fantastic and inexpensive) They had everything I needed for breakfast and snacks and would have been even better if I had a kitchen. We ended up going there 2 or 3 times over the 4 days we were in Venice.

Pros: evening opening hours, great selection
Cons: little expensive
Jamila10ten
Jamila10ten

protein relief!

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2011

i went to la zucca and osteria gorgoine and those were great and all, but THIS store had my favorite meal during my time in venice. i bought some panne integrale, jarred refrigerated pesto and OLIVE TOFU. amazing. so delicious. the sojade blueberry yogurt satisfied my sweet without giving me that 'urgh dairy' feeling. the 'spacebars' (seitain with spices in the shape of a fatter, shorter slim jim) were incredible. my wife (on my honeymoon!) loved the chocolate soymilk juice boxes and i enjoyed the plain soy milk, which tasted nothing like Silk -- much more like actual soy beans. I loved it here!!!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good selection
elfeveggie
elfeveggie

Good store

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2011

It's difficult to find good products in Venice! The Rialto Bio Center is a good store, in the center of Venice. Unfortunately, it's a bit expensive, but all is expensive in this city...

Pros: good products, location
Cons: expensive
kimward8
kimward8

Good location

Posted on 08 / 29 / 2010

If you are a tourist and go to see the rialto bridge, you will stumble across this place in a square nearby. I got some great blueberry soy yogurt there, as well as some soymilk in juice box size, and vegan toothpaste. They had tofu too.

• Jamila10ten Jamila10ten

was it the sojade blueberry yogurt? BEST YOGURT OF MY LIFE!!! so amazing.

Kangarupe
Kangarupe

Refreshing

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2009

In the city of Italy, it's hard not to come by hundreds of Ristorante's, Trattorias, Gelato stands, etc... all of which serve massive quantities of meat and cheese and dairy.

Although slightly difficult to find, and slightly led astray by google maps, I managed to find the Rialto Bio Center. It's a tiny little shop (as are most things in Venice), I'm not sure whether she was the owner or just a worker but the girl was nice enough. Expect to be treated with indifference in Italy, especially in Venice.

The store itself has fresh vegetables in the window, vitamins on the right, pastas on the wall, and of course the little fridge. It was within the little fridge I was able to find some really nice seitan and rice milk which I bought to eat with the muesli I also bought there. I also picked up some pine nuts there for some pesto I was going to make. The girl didn't speak a lick of English but somehow together we were able to discover that the omega 3 oil was not Vegan. That's another thing, maybe it's a completely different word in Italian, but she didn't know what the word Vegan meant (or at least that's what I gathered). I thought that was a little strange given that some of her product had the word Vegan on them. There must just be another word for it. I suppose it was just american logic leading me to believe that since Vegetarian is Vegetariano in Italian; Vegan couldn't be far off.

Anyway...that's it, nice little store to buy some standard veg products. Does not sell any sort of Vegan pre-made food. It's a little pricey too but that's probably because it's Venice.

Pros: Friendly, Veg Products, Convenient location near the Rialto Brid
Cons: Pricey (once again though, it's Venice)
Guest
Guest

vegan food

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2007

frozen fake "cordon bleu" and "milanaise escalope"
food in fridge: soy saussages, ham, tofu, rice yogurt

Dear Owner and Manager of Rialto Biocenter: