CLOSED: Rhapsody Natural Foods

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual, self-serve buffet style restaurant. Open 11:30am-8pm. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veggiebird
azoraa
azoraa

Not bad

3 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2009

Set up like a cafeteria where you go around and get how much of whatever you want and then pay by weight. Disappointed there are a few non-veg items - I thought it was all veg at first. Some items looked like they been there awhile.

Pros: selection, fairly pleasant
Cons: pricey, not all veg
jaime
jaime

Great place!

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2009

I don't understand the negative reviews of this place. I thought it had great variety and everything was fresh and flavorful. Everything was vegan, except there was cream for coffee. Some of the food was a little on the greasy side, but that's what some people want! For anyone who wants lighter items and salads, there are a ton of options. It's cafeteria style but the decor was cute and the place had a positive vibe. We were just passing through but if I lived in the area, I'd be a regular.

Pros: great location, cute decor, lots of choices
Cons: none
csbench
csbench

Thoughtful recipes

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2009

I think some of the negative reviews here are a bit overboard. My husband and I have eaten here 3 times in the last couple of months on our way from Boston to Montreal and back, and have always been satisfied. Yes, it's cafeteria-style, and you pay by weight, but no one is keeping that a secret. The salad bar is always fresh, and their cold salads are inventive and tasty. I agree that the hot bar can sometimes result in overcooked food if staff aren't turning it over quickly enough, but really... some folks are trying to give the impression that food has been left to harden in the buffet for weeks on end. This clearly is not the case. The teriyaki tempeh is indeed good, as is the ginger tofu. Tasty complimentary hot tea is available, and the tables are kept nice and clean.

Pros: inventive recipes
Cons: cafeteria style
kozmikarl
kozmikarl

concept greater than the sum of the ingredients

1 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2009

No, it isn't vegetarian. Yes, labels guide you to what you want, avoid what you need to. (Service is buffet; price is by mass.) Yes, there are many choices. However, the palette of flavors is extremely limited; some of the choices are all but indistinguishable from each other. Nothing is inventive, much of it seems to be days old, presentation is strictly mess-hall. When you reach your table, you'll find that you've just paid restaurant prices for a plate that looks exactly like what you would have whipped up at home from left-overs. There's nothing inherently wrong with mundane food on crappy institutional service, bad lighting, alternative-school-cafeteria ambiance and a slight lubricating film on every surface, and since convenience costs $ there's no point in comparing price to eating at home, but the promise coming in the door is so much greater than the experience that follows you out, a bit of bitter aftertaste is bound to linger.

As far as I know everybody associated with Rhapsody is upstanding and honorable. I can't comment on their signature sushi since I won't touch that with a stick. I'll just say I tried several times to enjoy Rhapsody and finally conceded defeat. I had a gift certificate and gave it away. Even that didn't feel great.

Pros: close to Savoy, good people
Cons: spendy, C rations
lindzvtvegan
lindzvtvegan

blah it's okay

2 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2008

this place is more like yay! it's vegan/vegetarian than anything. the buffet is usually a little over cooked and some things are kind of bland but it isn't a bad stop if you hit it at the right time. the teriyaki tempeh is however very good.

Pros: vegan
Cons: food overcooked, small, blah
VeggieBuff!
VeggieBuff!

Something for Everyone!

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2008

We were so excited to find Rhapsody when we moved to the area!! We are vegan and Rhapsody fits the bill! My kids are picky eaters and even they were able to eat to their hearts content. Our non-vegan friends found an abundance of dishes that they loved too. Their dishes are mostly vegan, well labeled, and always taste great! Every time we go there they surprise us with the variety. Our favorites are consistently available and then there are always new dishes we love to taste. Overall excellent food, and quality and the family business atmosphere is fun and welcoming! I would recommend it to everyone! Don't forget to try their vegan mocha cheesecake and chocolate cake...To die for!

Pros: excellent food, great quality, comfortable atmosphere
markvegan
markvegan

Very good. Please lose the few non-vegan items

3 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2008

Great Vegan buffet, well except the fish sushi rolls...what the heck?, and the ooooops, egg rolls -I thought they were done vegan. So vegans still need to carefully read the ingredients. yummy. free wi-fi. Really wish there were no dead animals in the place and also wish there was no egg nastiness.

Pros: Lots of Vegan food, Vegan Desserts, Lots of local/organic
Cons: Dead sentient animals (fish), Egg nasties
veggiebird
veggiebird

so many choices!

4 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2008

The only problem with Rhapsody is that there were so many choices we had trouble making up our minds! It is all buffet style so you can get as much or as little of each thing as you want. Lots of yummy veggies, grains, beans, etc. Everything is labeled with ingredients which is perfect for people with food allergies (like me.) I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is all vegetarian and mostly (if not completely) vegan.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, lovely staff

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Rhapsody Natural Foods: