Serves meat, veg options available. New American restaurant offers a wide variety of vegan choices, including a tofu scramble for breakfast. Uses fresh ingredients in all dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Take-out, Delivery, Catering, Non-veg
1776 Hooper Ave (Church Rd)
Toms River, New Jersey 08753
732-608-7819

Open Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm, Sun 10am-5pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by aveganjourney
rosaleskaren007
rosaleskaren007

Coffee is good, but food just boring

2 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

I found myself in Tom's River for some work related business and planned to have lunch here since I had seen the menu online. I enjoyed the atmosphere and vibe of the place and see how this could be a fun place to hang out and catch a music show. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed in my meal. I wanted to try something new and not go for the scramble since or portabello sandwich since I make those at home. I ordered the Lemon Basil Tofu sandwich hoping for something exciting and instead I got a plain boring tofu. It is not really grilled just cooked on the Flattop. I guess I expected grill marks if it says grilled. The tofu was boring with no flavor whatsoever. It had a lemon basil sauce and greens and a lemon wedge full of seeds. The side options are pita or tortilla chips. I went with the pita, but it came with nothing to dip them in and just made my mouth feel dry. Thankfully the coffee was great. I wish this place had better food, but with such a large menu in a tiny kitchen it is hard to deliver quality.

Pros: Great Coffee, Friendly Service, Hip Atmoshphere
Cons: Bland Food, Boring Food, No creative menu options
aveganjourney
aveganjourney

Worth A Stop For The Scramble

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

We had the tofu scramble with a side of home fries which was very good. They have vegan items on the menu but this is the only dish we had for brunch. The coffee was excellent. Don't expect soft jazz as the name is revolutionary. Loved the art work. Earlier in the morning I would have preferred the music was a notch softer. By 11am I would expect the music they play although if too loud it might turn off the average traveler.

Pros: Tofu Scramble, Stmosphere, Location

Dear Owner and Manager of Revolutionary Lounge: