Revolution Foods

Vegan food cafe offering burgers, nachos, sandwiches, salads, and daily soup; plus smoothies, teas, coffee, and cakes. Lots of Australian-made and imported vegan sandwich fillings, cheezes, and ice cream treats to take home. Opened May 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Australian, Western, Take-out

First Review by neve13078
Tiggy
Tiggy

Good selection but food just OK

3 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

We were heading to Sydney this weekend and I saw there was a new vegan cafe in Enmore, and so definitely had to check it out. It's a fairly ordinary looking place with tiled floors, mismatched furniture and a blackboard menu, opening out on to the street with some outdoor tables. The menu looked good and there was a good number of specials. I wanted to try the main menu items, so I ordered the Revo burger with added avocado, (vegan) 'bacon' and (vegan) 'cheese' and a Purple Power (berry) smoothie. My partner ordered the Shroom Burger with cheese. Service was quick but then the place wasn't busy. The smoothie arrived first and I found it a bit too thick for my taste, even a little viscous, without enough flavour or coldness to compensate: disappointing. The Revo burger was OK, although I'm not sure I tasted the bacon. It was burgery enough but at just under $16 (including $1 for each extra) I might have expected better. We tasted each other's burgers and agreed the Shroom was nicer, although my partner reported "all you could taste was the mushroom." I'm curious to try out this place some more but so far the experience has been just OK.

Pros: All vegan (no need for questions or changes), Good menu and several specials
Cons: Food just OK, Smoothie substandard
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Disappointing

3 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

Sydney needs more vegan cafe and burger places, and Revolution Foods does offer dishes like burgers, nachos, and salads etc. But the the food has been disappointing both times I've been here: not very tasty and rather overpriced - even for Newtown/Enmore. Also, don't expect any sort of 'revolutionary' culture here, despite the name it's just another mainstream cafe, it doesn't even have any community posters on the wall.

Pros: Cafe-style food
Cons: Food not very tasty, Overpriced, No counterculture except the name
blinki
blinki

My Favourite Place to Eat in Sydney

5 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

Everything on the regular menu that I've tried is great. I even loved the falafel salad and I hate salad. The regular menu is a bit small but they make up for it with a good selection of specials- everyone I've tried had been really good. The portions are generous, I always want to have desert but I'm always too full.

If I were to complain about anything it'd be little things like the water not being particularly cold, I really can't think of much more negative to say.

I does seem to attract a fair number of meat eaters and more than once I've had to listen to them (it's reasonable small and quiet when not busy so I struggle not to listen) go on about how they just couldn't go without meat. Maybe the negative review has something to do with the staff getting a bit ratty from hearing that sort of thing?

markonthereal
markonthereal

Great food, great peeps

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2013

Menu is great, coffee is great and the service is excellent. Love the revo burger and nachos especially! Not sure what SallyBrown is on about, she probably wanted the D of the staff member and he denied her lol.

kogge

SallyBrown
SallyBrown

Revolution foods revolting

2 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

This is not the worst cafe I have ever been in, I was once in Bangkok and was served up what looked like rat crap. While the revolution food looked better, the rat crap from Bangkok was at least hot, and tasted better. Remember TASTE!!!
I was served up a nice looking pie, with some salad. The salad was not fresh, and I left it to one side to enjoy the pie, I am still waiting for the flavour to arrive.
The guy who served me was not only rude, but inferred I was a bad person because I eat meat.
This set the pace for my visit, I will never go back there again, and, if you are not in-the-clique I recommend nobody else go there unless you like soggy salad, cold and tasteless food, and being abused.

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Cold Food, Tasteless, Rude staff
neve13078
neve13078

Very Nice!

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

Fantastic nachos and drinks. It is all vegan. The burgers are nice too.

Pros: Nice food, Large portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Revolution Foods: