Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian and vegan options denoted with a V on menu. Has vegan pizza, several vegan sandwiches, and rotating vegan specials. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2323 N Milwaukee Ave (California)
Chicago, Illinois 60647
773-227-2739

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by SynthVegan
Rosa and Joe
Rosa and Joe

Amazing beer, not many vegan options

3 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

We tried some fantastic beers. And despite the wait there was a nice atmosphere. The food is nice - but as it's right next to the AMAZING Chicago Diner it is a bit disappointing (maybe that's an unfair comparison, but...) The menu didn't mention anything vegan, but the (very helpful) staff gave us a couple of options that could be made vegan by leaving stuff out. The food wasn't memorable - nothing wrong with it but we can't remember what we had, and as foodies that's not a good sign! (Or is that to do with the beer?)

Would be a great place to go for a social with people who refuse to try vegan food!

Note to the people running the place - it really is nice to have it made clear on a menu what is vegan (if we hadn't read about RB on Happy Cow, we'd have assumed there was nothing for us and left).

Pros: Excellent beer, Great they have vegan food
Cons: Menu should be clear, More options would be good
mollypitcher
mollypitcher

Good beer, okay food

3 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2012

If you can get past the atmosphere in this place--and often 2 hour wait--you can get some good beer and okay food. Vegan options exist, but they aren't that good. There seem to be more vegetarian options. The menu changes occasionally so hopefully new items will appear. The pizzas and the tempeh Reuben are quite good. The beer is excellent!

Pros: Beer, Good portions
Cons: Atmosphere, Loud, Long wait
Veggie46
Veggie46

mmmm beer!

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2012

Goose island use to be my go-to place for great beer, but rev is just as good and become my new favorite. The best part is they have many vegan options, which are lacking at goose.

Pros: beer

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Revolution Brewing Company

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2012

This place is loved by the locals, believe me - RB is usually packed during the weekends. The first time I went I ordered the tempeh ruben and didn't like it. But my bf loved RB so much that I decided to give it another shot since they have so many other vegan options. Well I fell in love with their tofu scramble, it originally came with polenta and a plethora of veggies but they've since discontinued the polenta (bummer!). Minus the polenta, the tofu scramble is still pretty awesome and I love the basil sauce they top it with. This is definitely a cool place to check out if you're in town, it's also conveniently located near the California Blue Line stop.

Dear Owner and Manager of Revolution Brewing Co: