Revive Vegetarian Cafe

Offers fresh salads, daily changing hot meals, breakfast, juices, and smoothies. Previously located on Fort St. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Salad bar, Fast food, Take-out
24 Wyndham St (Auckland Central)
Auckland, New Zealand
09-307-1586

Open Mon-Thurs 11am-8pm, Fri 11am-3pm, closed Sat-Sun.

First Review by misssakura
Petesternz
Petesternz

Awesome (Still - in 2013)

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

All I can say is thank God for Revive! The Auckland scene has been dying for a place of this calibre, and finally it's here! Great salads, juices and mains. Can't go wrong here!!!
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 30, 2006

Been back many times and still very good. Wouldn't say you "can't go wrong", as I find some of their dishes better than others, but still there is plenty for vegans here and it's still mostly yummy. So happy it's in Auckland. Fair value also. Not cheap but you get plenty.

Pros: Options, Labelling, Good food.
blueberrym
blueberrym

Love it

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

I discovered this place many moons ago when visiting Auckland. Now I've moved here and love being able to come to Revive for a great meal in the city! Pity I don't live in the city and they are closed on Weekends. They're open til 8pm though so q few times when venturing out we make a dash for a quick meal. Especially if we've just scored some great vouchers. $6 voucher for a massive plateful of yummy food is a steal! Just bought their recipe book - its a winner.

Pros: 2 locations, generous with vouchers, awesome food
Cons: not open weekends
littleums
littleums

Healthy, delicious and reliable food

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2012

Although my visit to Auckland was only for a week, I visited this cafe several times. I find that getting delicious, healthy vegan fare that is full of flavour to be difficult whilst travelling, especially when it comes to fresh vegetables. No one knows how to make an appropriate sized meal out of vegetables! This cafe is great because there's a range of foods, from salads to comfort foods, to keep even the most health-conscious vegan happy, without sacraficing on flavour. Perhaps I am boring, but I loved the Thai ginger rice the best. I had it every time I visited, and even tried to replicate it at home. I highly recommend this as a stop whilst walking around the city. It's not a place for fine dining, but it is a place where you will feel revitalised at the end of the meal, and you also won't spend too much money.

Pros: Taste, Health, Price
Cons: Sterile setting, Not a great 'sit down' cafe
JoM
JoM

Tasty!

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2011

Really like the food, however can get a bit repetitive as seem to repeat the same dishes over and over. However there are some delicious hot pots and everything is really healthy. Great vegan choices.

Pros: Yummy, Healthy, Good price
Cons: Menu a bit repetitive, Shut on weekends
bettyscandretti
bettyscandretti

Great lunch option for those who ride the bus!

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2011

With one of the vouchers that crop up regularly on bus tickets, Revive provides a cheap, healthful and yummy veg*n meal. The hot pots tend to taste similar, but are hearty and comforting. Salads vary but are consistently good - the potato ones, israeli couscous and green salads are always yummy. Lorne Street branch has sort of a foodcourt vibe; Fort Street is really nice to sit in. Service is always friendly and helpful.

Pros: Healthy meals, Clean environment, Good selection
Cons: Expensive without vouchers, Closed on weekends

Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

healthy vegan fare

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2011

I had expected Revive to have much more of a cafe atmosphere, but instead it felt more like an upscale Subway, so more suited to takeaways. I ordered the vegan hotpot (a kidney bean potato dish) plus two small salads on the side - a steal at $7.80, due to my $5 discount from the back of an Auckland bus ticket. Everything was pretty tasty but tasted like they should perhaps have been kept cooler.

Pros: Fast, Bus ticket discounts!, Healthy & fresh
Baza
Baza

Limited vegan options

3 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2009

Had some kind of chickpea hotpot,it was very good. The vegetarian options looked great so kind of disappointing that they only really had salads for vegans. I'd hope they would explore vegan cooking a bit more.

Pros: clean, efficient
Cons: limited vegan
Simon1234
Simon1234

What an awesome cafe

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2009

Just visited the downtown store of this cafe (they have one up by the library in Lorne St too). Amazing food - super healthy but you would not know it!!!! This one has a nice decor - very cosy, brick wall and wooden floors. Friendly staff too. This time I had the spinach frittata - amazing - especially the apricot sauce on the side. There was a bit of a queue when I got there - however we were served pretty fast.

Pros: Nice decor, Great tasty food, Close to the train station
Cons: I can't make it into the city every day, There was a bit of a queue
Jeff Sanders
Jeff Sanders

Juice and Salad

3 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2009

Generic juice and salad bar, ideal for the weight conscious who just finished a workout at the gym and wanna keep those pounds off. Nothing special here, nor many vegan options, but a nice tidy pleasant place to sit and enjoy some scrambled tofu and a healthy juice for breakfast. The price may be getting a little high, but the food is fresh and clean tasting. No complaints with the service either.

Pros: Clean, tidy, fresh
Cons: Variety, price
maynard7
maynard7

Good food

4 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2008

I liked the food here quite a bit, but it seemed too high-priced for what I got. Just a slice of quiche, and a carrot salad was NZ$15, about US$10 with nothing to drink. They are making a lot of money at this place! But the food was good and if you want to eat healthy, that's what it costs. Would go back. There's also a new location on Lorne Street.

Pros: Tasty food, Good selection, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Price
zero13
zero13

revive

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2008

I love this cafe-i joined the mailing list and they are always sending out money off vouchers for the dishes I got a free lunch for my birthday-they have a vegan dish everyday and the food is to die for-healthy, tasty and always leaves you wanting more-staff are friendly and efficient -go there now

Pros: excellent food, healthy, friendly
misssakura
misssakura

Luxury food that's healthy

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2007

I was hesitant to eat at Revive after seeing the prices on their menu. Although the ordering system was a bit confusing, and the price was high, i'd go so far as to say the food is the best I've tasted in Auckland. It's fresh, healthy and delicious. I had the sweet potato salad bowl with a mushroom filo pastry. Unfortunately the pastry had egg in and the vegan labeling wasn't very good but the eggs are organic at least. The juice was fantastic and the decor is amazing. If you can afford it definitely give revive a chance. Take a friend. Take 5. It's worth the money.

Pros: Fantastic cooking, Beautiful restaurant, Wide variety
Cons: Expensive, Bad labelling of food

Dear Owner and Manager of Revive Vegetarian Cafe: