Second Revive veggie cafe location. Closed on Sat and Sun. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western

First Review by maynard7
Plantpower
Plantpower

Best quick food downtown

4 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2014

Revive is great for a quick healthy fix. Somehow, their flavours hasn't convinced me though and unfortunately the interior design isn't very inviting either. But if you're in town, this is by far the best place to go to - also to pick up food to take home. I really appreciate their offers for students (via newsletter).

Pros: healthy, quick
Veganswife
Veganswife

Large selection of hot and cold lunch dishes

5 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

Revive is a fully vegetarian cafe, open for lunches. Many, if not most, of the dishes are vegan. Meals come in small, regular and large sizes and one fills ones bowl accordingly with one, two or three selections from the salad bar and/ or hot-pots. There are also delicious soups on offer. There is a large upstairs seating area. Takeaway containers are also available, so this a good place to buy a packed lunch for work or a picnic.

Pros: Large selection, vegetarian and vegan, Reasonable price, Roomy seating area
al_nz
al_nz

My favourite lunch place

5 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2010

The guys at revive focus on nutritious healthy vegetarian food. Its a pretty good price (about $8-10 for a light lunch). I love that I don't need to think about whether I am having a balanced meal because they have already done that for me! Lots of good grains and pulses and yummy dahl hot-pots.

If you catch the bus in auckland, they have discount vouchers on the back of bus tickets (at the moment). And if you sign up as a revive member, you get weekly specials too.

Not a cosy atmospheric place for a date, but a great lunch option or for a quick dinner.

I love this place.

Pros: Healthy/nutritious, Good value, Delicious food
Cons: Not a cosy atmosphere, Not open late in the evenings!

nikolieau
nikolieau

I'll come again

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2010

The food counter displayed a huge variety of choices and colours which was pretty and looked delicious. The service was friendly however I recall there being some strange *rules* about which combination of dishes you could choose from and blah, blah, blah. I couldn't be bothered with it so I let it drop.

The food was delicious, healthy and creative. I'd go again.

I went for dinner with a friend and we probably should have gone to the other place for a sit-down dinner. Although there are chairs at Lorne Street there is not so much ambience. It's really more like an eat & run type of place.

Pros: Variety, Healthy
Cons: Ambience
sophie666
sophie666

Healthy Fast Food!

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2010

Revive is a regular place I go to if I am on the run and want food that does not make me feel crap. They offer a wide variety of vegan salads and the hot pot is always vegan. They have great Stash herbal tea, the peppermint one is my favourite of all peppermint teas. A nice place for anyone wanting to eat healthier.

Pros: Salad Bar, Hot Pot, Stash herbal tea
philjdomm
philjdomm

would've enjoyed a decent meal if they weren't so

3 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2009

anal about me ordering take out/away and end up eating in their cafe!

Simon1234
Simon1234

Best Vegetarian in the World!

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2009

What a great place to discover. I had the chickpea korma and brown rice and the ceasar salad - cost around $11 I think. My friend had a spinach pie thing and an amazing spanish salad - fantastic flavors. I only wish I worked in the city and could get here more often. Friendly staff - they even signed me up to their e-mail loyalty programme - apparently I get a gift when I sign up so can't wait! They change their menu every day which is a real bummer as I live in the suburbs and cannot make it in to try things.

Pros: Tastes great, Staff were really friendly
Cons: Not open weekends, Menu changes daily so I miss out
Blue Cloud
Blue Cloud

Revive cafe is not as good as I had hoped

2 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2009

I went to the Revive cafe recently and was appalled by the behaviour of one of the older staff members. She did not have a welcoming smile, moreover she was harsh to the other younger staff. I am disappointed to enter a vegetarian cafe who has a great newsletter and seemingly a great culture, to be greeted by such behaviour. The portions were too small for the money paid, and there was not much choice at all. I did not enjoy the experience sadly, and although I still receive coupons I will not be going in the future. Unless something is done about those points I have mentioned. I love the newsletter by the way, I think it is very thoughtful and warm.

Pros: Great newsletter
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Too small portions, Limited variety
coolasacucumber
coolasacucumber
  • non-vegetarian

Verdict on Revive

3 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2009

It isn't easy to find salads in the city and revive does offer a variety. There are green salads as well as potato and pasta salads. Also each day there is a "hot pot" option- something like bean stew on brown rice and a "meal of the day" - something like a lasagne or filo tart. In addition, a frittata is always avaliable. The food is ok, but you could easily make it yourself, probably better-- and for a lot cheaper. one time I had a silician almond rice salad , and it contained just half an almond. The main meals are rather expensive (between $11.90 and 14.90) and the portions are sometimes quite small. a lot of things have either dairy or eggs in them so if you have allergies it's not easy. (The staff are a bit clueless sometimes if you ask about ingredients so be careful) However there are gluten free options. The food is quite carbohydrate-rich so you might feel a bit bloated or hungry later on. Overall, revive is a satisfactory option when you're in town without food and you want something remotely healthy. Sign up to their emailing list and you will get discount vouchers.

Pros: Good salad variety, Good values, Discount vouchers if on email list
Cons: not good value for money, carb over load
button
button

Great in the go

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2008

The food here is ordered at the counter from a couple of daily options. The food is healthy, tasty and comes with brown rice. You can quickly grab something to go, great if you're running to catch the ferry, and want a vegan lunch for the ride!

Pros: healthy, quick, to go
maynard7
maynard7

Great place

5 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2008

Same menu as the other Revive location in town. Great food, tasty, brown rice, balanced meal with protein! I ate there several times while in Auckland. Warmly recommended.

Pros: Tasty food

Dear Owner and Manager of Revive: