Revital Health at Cambridge

Acquired by Revital in August 2005 from the previous owners and known previously as Cambridge Health Foods, this store is located in the main shopping area of the University City of Cambridge. Has a juice and smoothies bar, fresh food counter, and shelves stocked with a range of healthy food, natural products, and food supplements. more-less

First Review by chloecupcakes
ilinca
ilinca

Usual health shop, some nice home-made snacks

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

Exactly what you'd expect. I can find most of what I need, at least food wise, at rather high prices. At the moment I consider it the best stacked shop for vegans
food in Cambridge. The stuff varies from friendly to not-so-much and they don't seem particularly knowledgable when it comes to vegan cosmetics.

However, they do some pretty good vegan chocolate coconut flapjacks and samosas.

saramarshall
saramarshall

Great shop

4 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2014

Personally I think this shop is great. They have such a huge range including all groceries, freezer items, toiletries, cosmetics, basically everything you might need apart from fresh fruit/vegetables. I don't find it expensive compared to places like Holland & Barrett and the staff have always been nice to me. I can never resist taking away one of their hot vegan sausage rolls or samosas. It's just as well I work the other side of town.

Pros: Range, Baked goods
AgaTrzak
AgaTrzak

Nice Staff, Tasty Food

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

I've only come across this shop a few months ago, but since then do a lot of shopping in there. Lots of vegan options for the freezer, some vegan cheese and some tofu. Vegan baking ingredients can be found here as well. The fresh bakery things are usually very delicious and they are all labelled. I have tried the vegan SOS roll, vegan samosa, and vegan spring roll, which were all very good. I also had a spinach thing which was a bit dry and crumbly. The best fresh things they make though are the deserts. the vegan Chocolate Flapjack is amazing! As is the apricot crumble! I can only recommend this store, especially for a quick bite if you are in town!
Not sure why the review below me says the staff is rude, everyone is always very friendly to me in there!

Pros: Tasty food, vegan baking ingredients, vegan freezer 'junk' food
Cons: non-vegan food sold
spencert
spencert

rude staff and high prices

1 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2012

The idea of having a healthfood shop in the middle of Cambridge's historic city centre, close to ancient Colleges, is fantastic. Unfortunately, the standard has gone downhill since Cambridge Health Foods was taken over by Revitalise. Small cakes have very high prices compared even to nearby boulangeries, let along the two Cambridge branches of Holland and Barrett, and worst of all, I have found that on several occasions the staff at Revitalise have been extremely rude. They routinely make personal comments criticising customers (e.g. their food and health choices), and I have even heard staff mock customers once they've left the shop. I am afraid that one staff member in particular, whom I shall not name, is getting a bit of reputation in the area. It is up to senior people at the company to take some action here, and aim to restore the high esteem in which this store was once held in Cambridge, i.e. to reverse the decline which, I am sorry to say, has brought it notoriety. Let's hope they read this and take action!

Pros: range of veggie food
Cons: very rude staff, expensive,
LenaJohnson
LenaJohnson

• non-vegetarian

No refunds policy

1 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

I really liked this shop, despite it having an unpleasant feel of a ran down Holland&Barratt store, until one day had to return a faulty product. Turned out a pot of cream I bought has been previously opened and tried in store by other customers. I only noticed when I got home. Well, Revital doesn't do refunds even if it's a damaged product! Credit note or exchange is the only option. They did a credit note in the end but it was such a big deal! The shop manager stood in the corner while a member of staff was doing the credit note and kept pointing his finger at me and talking to one of his colleagues, presumably explaining how some customers can be such a pain that they want a refund! Never again will I buy anything from them. Will stick with ordering online from other retailers or going to John Lewis.

Cons: no refunds policy

NickPiper
NickPiper

Excellent range!

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

This is a very large shop which carries quite a big range of products. Very much worth a trip if you're looking for something hard to find!

Also has some baked food to take away to eat, in case you got hungry while you were shopping.

Pros: range
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

Good store

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2012

Good selection of products. Good takeaway food and baked goods.
Wish I'd had more time in Cambridge to try more of the food here.

Pros: tasty takeaway food, large selection
corinal
corinal

Nice and convenient

3 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

I go here often because it is downtown even though it doesn't have that co-op feel and no fresh produce. They do have a nice selection of the essentials though and they are full of friendly advice when you need something for a cold or other health issue. Has a nice deli section.

Pros: Friendly staff, Essential products
Cons: No produce
chloecupcakes
chloecupcakes

Vast selection with friendly staff

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2010

This health food shop is pretty central, and most of the other health food shops in Cambridge are kind of crappy. Its only real rival is Daily Bread, which is good but really far out of town. So the pricing is quite expensive. Has a large selection of frozen food, plenty of which is vegan. The staff are friendly and helpful - once the manager gave me and my sister free vegan ice creams on a hot day!! Also has a counter selling homemade vegan snacks which you can eat cold or warmed up. They are marked as vegetarian or vegan and are mostly pretty good.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vast selection, Hot or cold snacks
Cons: A bit pricey