Serves meat, veg options available. Casual, artsy cafe in Auckland Central. Serves dinner with many veggie and vegan choices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Non-veg
146 Karangahape Rd
Auckland, New Zealand 1010
09-3092372

Open Mon-Wed 7.00-20.00, Thur-Fri 7.00-22.00, Sat 8.00-22.00, Sun 8.00-16.30.

First Review by sophie666
Plantpower
Plantpower

Late opening hours!

4 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2014

FINALLY a cafe in Auckland which is also open later and even for dinner!!

They have great vegan mains, very good coffee, and also very yummy slices (also gluten-free available).

Pros: late opening hours, great food, Very good coffee
preppyvegan
preppyvegan

Love it!

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

Revel is my local. The coffee is amazing, the staff are friendly and the vegan options are plentiful! They always have at least a few vegan options on the menu and they are always top quality and freshly made! They also have a great cake selection with vegan options clearly labelled - my favourite at the moment is the peanut butter and choclate slice. If the food wasn't enough this place is also incredibly quirky and eclectic...a great little spot!

Pros: Vegan Options, Friendly, Great Location
RayTomes
RayTomes

Colourful Place

4 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2014

Vegetarian and Vegan friendly, shown by V and VG on menu board. Something different in decor with brightly painted tables that are almost works of art. Unusual items like space invaders table (working) and more. Reasonably priced decent food.

Pros: colourful

Yolanda
Yolanda

OK but don't get a vegan iced chocolate here

3 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

Heard lots about this from my Auckland vegan friends. I went on a Friday night and the vibe was nice and the place was buzzing. The counter guy was super friendly and very cool.

Lots of vegan options. I had a Vegan Medley dish with fried tofu, wedges, spinach and other veges. It was ok, a bit like a cooked breakfast. Not amazing and the kind of thing I cook at home. My friend had the vegan burger and I wish I had ordered that. I had a bite and it was good. Another friend ordered the fries with the vegan aioli and that looked really good. She also ordered an iced chocolate. She's not vegan and neither was the iced chocolate. It made me think it would be really nice if I could have the same but a vegan version. I asked if they did one and they said yes. At this point, any sensible vegan would have inquired more closely as to how they were going to make it but being an ever hopeful optimistic vegan, I just thought it would be the same as my friend's. It wasn't. It was like water and cocoa powder all mixed together with ice thrown in. Yuck. I kinda thought if they said they could do a vegan iced chocolate they would have had vegan ice cream and topping and you know, made it special. This was horrible and undrinkable. To make up for it I had the chocolate mousse pie which was good and the peppermint crunch which was also good. Actually that probably was the best thing there that I ate.

Outside there are cafe tables filled with smokers. This means you have to walk through all that smoke to get in/out which is not pleasant and even inside, with the doors open, it still was a little smoky.

All in all it was good and bad, but certainly not amazing. The 'Midnite Espresso' cafe in Wellington which is very similar (as in it is a non veggie third wave cafe with heaps for vegans) is way way better for vegans. But this is ok, just not amazing.

Pros: chocolate peppermint slice, cool super friendly counter guy, wedges with vegan aioli
Cons: undrinkable iced chocolate, no 'wow' vegan food items, smoke
vegankiwis
vegankiwis

Cool place

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2013

Pretty good range of vegan items, including delicious vegan cakes! Ordered the cake many times, plus a whole chocolate mousse cake for a birthday. Their baked goods are fantastic, and the location on K Road is nice.

Pros: Delicious cakes, cool location
saneas
saneas

Funky and friendly

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2011

plus everything is marked so you know what to order, especially good for vegans. Great tasting food and fast service.

Pros: tasty, well priced , well labelled vegan/veg etc
msblack
msblack

Trannies and trammies

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2011

Across the road from St Kevin's Arcade where lives the holy Safe store and all it's vegan goodness, is the vegan-friendly cafe with good food, quirky staff, art for sale, space invaders and a water bowl for passing dogs. I usually go for the $8 toasted tramezzino (fancy word for panini) and a well-crafted cup cake. My partner can never resist the chocolate midnight cake. The food is cafe standard, I could make something better at home but it's nice to eat out and it's in a great location so I'm a regular.

Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

Wellington style veg friendly cafe

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2011

On entering Revel!, my ex-Wellingtonian now-Auckland friend immediately exclaimed that it felt straight out of the Wellington cafe scene. Revel! has a cozy, alternative feel to it - difficult to find in a city of bland coffee chains. The waitress was vegan, so she did a rundown of our options. Plenty of tempting looking counter food - salads, a peanutbutter pie, beetroot choc cake and vegan rocky road to name a few. I ordered the mushroom burger, which was really filling but pretty steep at $16.50, considering it came with no side salad or fries.

Pros: Fun, alternative atmosphere, Knowledgeable staff, Plenty of vegan options
Cons: Pricey
Petesternz
Petesternz

Not a bad option

3 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2010

Revel certainly has some good vegan options, though it's hardly a "vegan haven". Nonetheless, it's one of the few places to get some vegan cupcakes in New Zealand, and they have at least one or two items a day in their lunch cabinet. I'm not a huge fan of the vegan breakfast option, but it certainly has its believers!

sophie666
sophie666

Great place!

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2010

Really nice retro artsy environment, super laid back, the staff are really friendly and chill. I love there cabinet food, always a good variety of vegan and vegetarian options. They always have vegan cakes and desserts which are so delcious. I recommend this place to anyone wanting a good cafe to relax and eat good healthy food.

Pros: Beans (homemade) and avocado on toast, Desserts (cupcakes and slices), Good coffee

Dear Owner and Manager of Revel!: