Serves local cuisine with a gourmet twist using local farm products. Few steps from the beach, on the one road that runs along the beach, between hotel Maya Tulum and hotel Amansala. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Mexican, Western, Fusion, Juice bar

Avalon Tulum
Avalon Tulum

Wonderful Vegan Restaurant

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

I felt compelled to write a review when I realised this is not at the top of the list of Tulum restaurants... I live in Tulum and eat regularly at Restaurare, and I can assure you that is the best place you will find to eat here! A Godsend! I think I have probably had just about everything on the menu and it is always delicious. All vegan, wonderful owners and staff, delicate flavours from around Mexico, organic food created with love, attention to detail, precious jungle surroundings, and (especially taking into account that it's on the beach road) it is all very reasonably priced. The only con I can think of is that there are mosquitoes (well what do you expect in the jungle?!) but I always take a natural repellent, and if they're really bothering you you can ask for a copalero (an incense burner) by your table - problem solved! I always recommend it wholeheartedly to the guests who stay at my apartments whether they are vegan or not, and they always thoroughly enjoy it. Go!

Pros: All Vegan / Organic, Delicious Food Reasonably Priced, Natural Jungle Surroundings
Cons: Mosquitoes-Use Repellent/Request Copal
HollyGreasyVegan
HollyGreasyVegan

Hands down, the best food I've eaten!

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

While planning a trip to Tulum for a wedding, I was kind of nervous thinking about what I'd be eating, or not eating. We were so excited when we found a 100% vegan restaurant, literally feet from our cabana. We instantly fell in love with the waitress, Sam, she was so rad. It's all outdoor sitting, nestled in the jungle. Everything we consumed here was hands down the most amazing food I've ever eaten. Our drinks were extremely refreshing and perfect after a long walk in the heat. Our goal was to try everything on the menu during our week stay in Tulum, sadly due to time, that wasn't accomplished. Our first visit we ate the Lettuce Tacos, Momo Tofu & Salbutes. Trip two: Tacos Pibil & Mayan Curry. I can not say one bad thing about the food, everything was so full of flavor and fresh. My favorite was the Mayan Curry, I've never tested anything so delicious. We didn't get a chance to try their desserts, and I'm mostly sad about that.
Restaurare will forever hold a very special place in our hearts. The atmosphere, wait staff and especially the food brought us so much joy and happiness. I hope I find myself there in the future. Thank you so much for such a lovely experience.

Pros: Clean, Fresh, Delicious
Cons: Not in California

LaPria
LaPria

Delicious food in great atmosphere..

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

Really special vegan recipes in Mexican style. My carnivore friends didn't miss meat at all :) Small portions. Very lovable staff and good vibe. For everyone who loves gourmet cuisine in a relaxt atmosphere.

BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Typical mexican/mayan food!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

We went there for dinner and were happily surprised by this amazing restaurant.
It's located by the beach, in the middle of he trees.

We expected another traditional burritos/tapas/tacos menu but what they offer are dishes with a taste of mayan history!

I had he mayan curry with lots of mayan and unusual spices and my husanc had the "local mole" which is a kind of stew with chocolate sauce! Something you'll probably eat nowhere else!
They had one of the best desserts I've ever eaten so far which was the dark chocolate cupcake with some crusty coconut bits, yummy!!!

The staff was really nice and prices affordable.
I really recommend this place for those wanting to live an unusual tasty experience!

Pros: Food, Place, Staff
Cons: Not enough light when eting at night
smlewis
smlewis

interesting place

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2014

The locale is pretty easy to miss, but if you see the sign head right down the stone steps to a grove of trees. Its like eating in a jungle. The menu was worn and hard to read, but the staff was nice and the food was great! The portions are perfect -- you get what you can comfortably eat -- so don't expect big American size portions here. I recommend to try it least once.

Pros: ambiance, food great, service good
Cons: power cut in and out all night, price is high, menus old and hard to read
choogirl
choogirl

Tasty Vegan Mexican dishes

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2013

This restaurant is beautifully set among the trees. The menu is fresh and interesting offering a selection of Mexican inspired dishes. I tried the puffy tacos and they were delicious. They also had banana cake with a vegan cream when I went. I enjoyed it very much and the staff were great.

Note, the map is wrong. It is not in the town, it is at the beach.

Pros: Delicious fresh ingredients, Mexican dishes
Cons: Expensive, but comparable to Tulum, Bugs biting you after the rain
svensdottir
svensdottir

Good Mexican food

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2013

We went here while on vacation in Tulum and were very pleased with the food. Service was great, and we ordered Mexican specialties- salbutes and tacos de pastor. They tasted great, as did the agua de limon (traditional Mexican limeade). Cash only. The bike ride there was very nice, as well. If you stick to the smaller plates (like we did), it isn't too pricey.

Pros: Mexican specialties, Good aguas, Great service
Cons: Cash only, Outdoor seating only
bishopist
bishopist

great place and food

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2013

We were very happy to find a vegan place on the beach road of tulum. with so much spiritual hype and yoga types in tulum you would think there would be more vegan places. This is the only 100 percent vegan place in tulum. the owner and staff are great. the setting is really relaxing and pretty. The food is excellent, with a really nice variety of mexican/mayan dishes aswell as there own creations. i had mayan curry. Very nice and my gf had the saludubes, and then chocolate cake and banana cake. we were very satisfied and went back the next day for more cakes. You have to go here if your in tulum. Even if your not vegan you will have a greta meal

Pros: food, people, atmosphere
rackoo
rackoo

Wow - best food and juices in Tulum

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

This was such a wonderful find. The food, juices, atmosphere, and people working are the best we found in Tulum, and it's 100% vegan and mostly local. They serve a variety of food, and they serve vegan versions of regional specialties like salbutes (highly recommended) and mole that we couldn't find anywhere else. In a town with a lot of amazing smoothies and juices, Restaurare has the best. We found it late in our trip, but otherwise we would have gone here every day.

It just opened in Nov-Dec 2012, so please support Restaurare so it's there the next time we return. :)

There's little protection from the rain so you might want to come back later if it looks like it's going to start pouring, but otherwise the courtyard is the most beautiful spot. Atmosphere is very peaceful.

It can be a little hard to find and our taxi drivers didn't know about it yet, but it's on the non-beach side of the road in between Maya Tulum and Amansala, if I remember correctly. Look for the small signs out front, and it's next to a swimsuit shop and another bar/restaurant.

Pros: Incredible vegan food and juices, Local Yucatan specialties - vegan, Incredibly friendly people
Cons: No alcohol (for now - might change), Not much protection from rain
saul cups
saul cups

Above and beyond

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2013

Delicious, affordable (moderate, not expensive) food and juices. Has two menus--breakfast/brunch and dinner. We ate there twice for lunch, once for dinner; highlights included the amazing chaya tacos, lasagna, tofu scramble, oyster mushroom ceviche, and the mole. The tamarind, ginger, and habanero juice is a must-try (tart sweetness with a kick!). Service is impeccable--food and everything else will be brought to you by the ever-smiling Roberto. The chef--I think her name is Martina--also came out for a visit. After traveling around meat-heavy Yucatan for 2 weeks, we felt like we had found paradise at Restaurare. Highly recommended. Oh, and only minutes from the beautiful beach.

Pros: delicious, good value, great vibe

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurare: