Restaurantul Vegetarian Cris

All vegan a la carte menu features appetizers, salads, soups, pizza, local cuisine, and desserts. Run by Adventists since 2002. Previously located on George Enescu nr. 30, Bihor. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Buffet

First Review by Astrid_Maine
veggieriga
veggieriga

Glad there's a vegetarian restaurant in Oradea but

3 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

Unfortunately the food is only ok. I was in Oradea two days. The first day I got the set menu at lunch which was 14 lei. The soup was broth based and had some vegetables. It was ok. The bread came with a delicious vegan spread which was very tasty. The main course was a breaded vegetable. It was ok. The side dish was frozen vegetables in a tofu cream sour, and I didn't like it. Because the lunch was only ok, I didn't want to return for dinner. However, given the affordable price, I decided to try it for lunch again the next day. It was even worse than the first day. The soup appeared to be made from the tofu sour cream vegetables that I didn't like the previous day, so I couldn't eat it. The main course was vegetables and some rice. The vegetables didn't taste very good so I also couldn't eat them and I ended up leaving hungry. It's nice there's a vegetarian restaurant in Oradea, but if ever in the city again, I probably would not eat there.

The tables had tablecloths, but they hadn't been changed in quite a while. It might be good if instead of tablecloths which can get dirty easily and filled with crumbs, if they removed the tablecloths. Tables are much easier to keep clean.

I think they may use honey in some of their food, but I didn't ask about it. However, I noticed in their store, they sell honey, so most likely they are also using the honey in some food.

Astrid_Maine
Astrid_Maine

try the local veg food!

4 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2012

This SDA restaurant is actually vegan, although name is "vegetarian". Friendly staff, has a changing menu. Would recommend local (Romanian) veg specialties, like ciorba (sour soup), mamaliga (polenta) with "cheese" and "sour cream" (soy-based), wonderful cake (spongy, moist, with walnuts and I think carob the day we went there). Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurantul Vegetarian Cris: