Restaurante Vegetariano

JohannaBath
JohannaBath

Amazing food

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

I discovered this place today and had both lunch and dinner there. Great vegetarian food, it's not easy behind vegetarian in Spain so finding this restaurant made me really happy.

CJBurgemeester
CJBurgemeester

Nice fresh food

5 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2014

This restaurant was a nice surprise! Traveling and dining with a non vegetarian, that who also liked the food very much is always an extra compliment for the restaurant in question I think.

Many of the dishes are presented as vegetarian, but can be served as vegan dish. We agree with the earlier comment that portions are quite big. Keep that in mind when you order.

Service is friendly and quick. Restaurant is clean. The food is nice and fresh.

I'd like to recommencement the fresh juice drinks, I was trying one with beetroot, selery and carrot. It was lovely.

Pros: fresh, clean, customer friendly
Cons: portions are quite big
jankp
jankp

Delicious, fresh and creative

5 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2013

Visited this cosy restaurent three times during our one week stay. The menu is very varied. The quality of the food and resturant is in the higer/finer end and all we tasted was really delicious and tasty. Also several of the dishes were different from what we have tried before which was very nice.
Just be aware that they do use eggs in several of the dishes and you have to ask which ones(unfortunate also the burgers..). Many of the dishes have cheese as an ingredient, but mostly you can ask for that dish just without the cheese.

Fer
Fer

Good restaurant for all

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

Centrical vegetarian in Torevieja. Big rations at affordable price, 15 euros daily menu. Good quality of food.

Pros: Big rations, Good price, Centric
meripelis
meripelis

Big meal

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

The food was good (7 salads mix, as a starter for two, and tagine for me), but I'm surprised nobody says nothing about the quantity...If you don't want to roll like a ball, I would recommend SHARING! And for pizza lovers, must be said that are thick style, not italian thin base. My mother hated it...She asked for pizza with egg, and was in pieces, afer boiling it...not what you would expect at all...Despite everything, I enjoyed it.

Pros: Flavour, Terrace
Cons: Quantity
veganmanc
veganmanc

Fantastic

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2011

(Visited August 2010)
We stumbled across this place by accident and ended up eating there several times as it was only place to serve vegan food. The waiter we had each time was really friendly and spoke good English and helped us select the vegan options (there was plenty of choice although only one vegan dessert).
The quality of the food was fantastic, one of the best restaurants we've ever eaten at. Beautiful salads full of flavour. The pizzas were great but I'd recommend not going for the tofu topping (they offer this instead of cheese) as there was such a huge amount of tofu it swamped the whole pizza.
We'd love to go again but it's unlikely we'll be in this part of Spain again.

Pros: Really tasty food, Friendly staff, Good vegan selection
  • treehugger treehugger

What's the vegan dessert? Can you remember?

erlendaakre
erlendaakre

Nice little restaurant

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2010

I went here twice during my 1 week trip to spain. The lunch sandwich I got was not very good, the second time I had a full dinner and the entree and vegetarian pizza with avocado was very good.

Very nice location in the middle of the city, nice and colorful interior and clean bathrooms.

Note: there are more stuff on the menu than listed on the wall outside the restaurant.

Pros: Good food
Cons: A bit pricy
veganaurora
veganaurora

A great start to the year

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2009

My partner and I had a really good meal here on the 2nd January 2009. We were so excited to find a veggie restaurant and this one certainly didn't let us down. To start, a delicious chickpea and spinach soup warmed us up on that chilly evening. Then we shared two main meals both of which were excellent, we couldn't decide which was best! The pizzas can be made with a thick tofu mixture topping instead of cheese. Under this yummy tofu was a layer of very fresh broccoli, avocado and other vegetable goodies. Our other main meal was the tagine which was delicately fruity and a bit spicy. I couldn't stop saying 'mmm...!'. The only thing was that there weren't any vegan desserts on offer. I do hope that enough vegans go to this restaurant in future that they decide to make some of their tempting desserts vegan-friendly.

Pros: vegan-option pizzas with tofu are great
Cons: no vegan dessert
treehugger
treehugger

GREAT Vegetarian Restaurant

4 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2009

I'm lucky enough to be able to visit this restaurant regularly and I can happily recommend it to anyone. The restaurant is clean and simple, decorated in good taste with vibrant orange and turquoise walls and really nice art. The toilets are immaculate and the staff are all friendly and helpful, but this restaurants best points are definitely the food. All freshly made and every meal simply divine.
The staff speak English so be sure to check with them that you don't eat dairy or eggs and they will oblige. The Ensalada Gringo has to be the BEST Salad I've ever had. ALL the Pizzas come with a Vegan version where Tofu is used instead of cheese.
Overall - a FANTASTIC restaurant but could definitely do with some vegan dessert options - though their fresh juices are lovely - sometimes you just gotta have CAKE!!

Pros: fresh ingredients, friendly staff, quick service
Cons: needs more vegan options
veganperson
veganperson

Lovely resaurant with fantastic food

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2007

I visited Restaurante Vegetariano twice and can highly recommend it. There is lots of variety in the menu including beautifully presented salads, delicious fajitas and tofu-topped vegan pizzas. I loved the vibrant colours of the walls and the art they held. The prices were very reasonable and the waiters were fast, friendly and efficient. It has an n-shaped layout which splits the space up nicely and gives diners a choice of two different areas to enjoy the evening. If you visit Torrevieja, you should definitely visit Restaurante Vegetariano for a meal.

Pros: great food and decor, efficient waiters, centrally located

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurante Vegetariano: