Restaurante Vegetariano

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian food and fish. Cheese and eggs used in some dishes. Offers a daily menu set that consists of soup, salad, and main dish. Confirmed open by happycow member Jan 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Macrobiotic, Argentinian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

blsrsuz
blsrsuz

tranquillo

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2015

Very relaxed place to be served by the owner. As mentioned, there are a few things for vegans…there does not seem to be a menu..just say you are vegan and he offers soups, entrees, nice fruit drinks, but only fruits for dessert. We had soup that hit the spot..We got into town late and he was open until 11. He has nice bread with a carrot, garlic/lemon spread..YUM! The next time, my husband had an eggplant milanesa…eggplant sautéed with panko crumbs, squash, "creamed" corn. Delish!
Worth a try.

Pros: nice atmosphere, vegan options, reasonable price
Cons: food can be a little bland
leoh
leoh

Nice old couple that does everything to please you

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2014

The restaurant is very cozy and the food very tasty. It has just few options (soup or plate with some vegetables). Nothing very special, but in Bariloche we could not find many restaurants. This one was not expensive. I recommend.

Pros: Cozy, Clean, Nice old couple that help us
Cons: Few options (just 2)
tlau
tlau

Awesome vegetarian restaurant in Bariloche

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

I spent five nights in Bariloche on a ski trip and ate here twice (once for my birthday). The set menu provides a soup, drink (the licuados/fruit juices are particularly good), and a plate with several different tastes on it, sort of like a bento box. You can choose between fish or non-fish (vegetarian) options.

I loved the variety of flavors on the plate, even though some were fairly heavy (lots of cheese or eggs). The carrot-based spread they served to go with the fresh bread at the beginning of the meal was so good that I spooned it all out of the cup and ate every single bit.

Although HappyCow only lets me give this restaurant 4 cows because it serves meat, I would give it 5 cows if I could. I felt incredibly lucky to find such a vegetarian-friendly place in the depths of Argentina amongst the usual fare of parillas and pizzas.

kympatterson
kympatterson

Central and convenient

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2007

Offer a daily set menu with different foods to sample, including quiche, pasta and mixed vegetables. Great service but I must agree the food was pretty bland.

Pros: Great service, Large portion, Reasonable price
Cons: Average food, Limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurante Vegetariano: