Restaurante Vegetariano...

Offers a set lunch for 3000, which includes hot soup, salad, bean, brown rice, faux meat, and a small dessert. Items can be ordered separately as well, like fresh fruit juices and wholegrain cookies. Lunch is very crowded, but people don't linger long as the service is efficient. Colorful interior, several different rooms with a lot of seating. Dinner is same as lunch but with far fewer patrons. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Colombian, Juice bar

First Review by alphaprs26
Scrablero
Scrablero

cheap grub in a shabby setting

3 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

Salud & Vida (the correct name) is housed in an odd, dark, shabby old building. It feels almost seedy, with people sitting silently or asleep in various dark rooms.

For the set menu, you choose the items you want from a board. The food was decent, nothing more, nothing special. But at 3500 COP, it's half the price of any other veggie meal I've had in Colombia so on a price-benefit calculation it gets 3 cows.

maynard7
maynard7

The food was only average on my visit

3 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2010

The price for the set meal of the day is 3.000 pesos as of August 2010. The day I went, the meal included a "meatball" made from beans, a slice of "meatloaf" made from grains, a tasty green vegetable, a slice of unsweetened carrot cake, and what appeared to be Rice-a-Roni in the middle of the plate. I found the food to be oversalted and actually quite average. There are many choices on the blackboard to choose from, but if you don't speak Spanish, they will put something together for you. There wasn't much food on the plate, and I was hungry a short while later. The service was too rushed, and the waitress tried to take my glass of juice even though I hadn't finished it.

Pros: Price, Location
Cons: Oversalted food, Service rushed
alphaprs26
alphaprs26

Nostalgia

5 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2010

It has been a few years since I had the pleasure of eating here on the way south from Cali to Quito, in the first week of January 2007. A Frenchman in the hostel where I was staying said that the dog living there was of a breed known for its ability to kill a bull. Wow!

I can't recall all the details of the meal, but I remember that the food was excellent, even pleasing my two non-vegetarian companions, and a tasty salsa de mora was involved. Yes! Highly recommended.

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurante Vegetariano Salud y Vida: