Afinidad Maravillosa Restau...

Offers array of daily changing vegetarian foods. Choose from 20 or so different dishes from curries and pasta to salad, rice, and soups. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Peruvian, South American

LorenaH
LorenaH

Glad it was there

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2015

There's nothing else vegetarian in this area, and I was hungry, so it was just the right thing. The pre-cooked food is displayed behind glass and you can get combo plates of 2 or 3 items. Everything was fresh and good.

Pros: quick, convenient, inexpensive
Cons: arroz naturel is not exactly brown rice
maynard7
maynard7

Good food, good location, good price

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2014

This place was good for a lot of different reasons. They don't have haute cuisine for pennies, but it's a great value.

First of all, I like the concept of the buffet where you can see the food you're ordering. This really helps when you're in a foreign country. Even if you don't speak Spanish, you can simply point to what you want.

The price is only 7 soles, as of October 2014. For that price, you choose 4 items in the display which they put on a plate, and that includes a glass that you fill with either sweetened or unsweetened tea.

The flavors were good on the 4 items I ordered. The only thing I didn't like is that the food wasn't very warm.

The location is good if you are in the historic center of Lima, where a lot of tourists go.

All in all, a very good value in this part of town.

Pros: Price, Location, Buffet style
Cons: Serving temp not hot enough for me
veganmiam
veganmiam

Just near El Manantial on the same street

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

We dropped by and wanted to make sure it still opens, it's on the same street as El Manantial. The name is correct and the restaurant still exists.

jcjames11
jcjames11

Great wholesome lunch

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2011

Easy to find off Plaza San Martin. Had a lunch buffet. It was good and basic. Food was tasty. Served warm found out out that they will heat with microwave. Had 4 portions for 7 sol and a Chinese tea. Also then had a piece of Chocolate cake lovely. Staff smiled and were friendly.Place was nice and busy.

Pros: Good food, Good value, Good basic
Veggie_chik
Veggie_chik

Food so so, service terrible

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2010

After finding this restaurant on Happy Cow decided to go there for lunch. There were three of us, we were on vacation. We started off with some juices that were good, but could have been better if cold. One person ordered the hamburgesa, which was okay but salty. The other person had the broccoli battered in egg dish, he said it was delicious. I ordered a plato economica, arroz jardinero con platano (rice with veggies and bananas). One person got his meal, but it took almost 20 minutes for the next dish to come out. They ate when they got their dish so the food wouldn't get cold. They had both finished and I still hadn't received my food. The waitress never checked in on us, so I finlly got her attention and ask about my food. She said they had run out of that dish. When asked why she didn't bother to tell us, she said she just found out, 40 minutes after we ordered. She was unapologetic. Fed up, but hungry I ordered the arroz chauffa without egg. It tasted fine, but the bad experience ruined the whole meal for me.

Pros: cheap-ish $2-3 per meal, close to tourists sights, food decent
Cons: terrible service, unfriendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Afinidad Maravillosa Restaurante Vegetariano: