CLOSED: Restaurante vegetar...

Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Alameda de Urquijo 33, Vizcaya
Bilbao, Spain 48008
944-44-55-98

Open Mon-Sat 13-16, closed Sunday.

First Review by estefinparis
Vitxo
Vitxo

Good place to eat

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2012

Nice, although there are few vegan options, if you ask them they can fix it.

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value
BegoElosegi
BegoElosegi

good food

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

First I have to say I'm from Bilbao and my English is not from uk (hehe). I only want to help other possible customers. I have been recently in "Restaurante vegetariano" is the third vegetarian restaurant I have been in Bilbao. I'm vegan. For first there was a lot of sallads (not all of them vegan because one of them had mayonaise), a soup for second dish, then it was time for the main dish; I had to explain I was vegan and the waiter told me all the options suitable for me. There were 5 or 6 options and 2 of them were vegans that day. In general, the food is nice. The are lot of options to choose from and some of them (at least 2) are vegan. I liked that the food is served very hot and tastes good. Is not very very elaborated food is just normal food but tasty, hot and vegetarian ;).
The place is quite narrow and the tables are quite small. The ambient is peacefull, the staff is nice and the decoration is quite simple and old.
for wine and coffe lovers...forget it. Only water served and no coffee offered after dessert.

Pros: Staff, hot food and tasty, peacefull music
Cons: narrow tables, quite simple food, old fashioned local
rika
rika

vegetarian restaurant with many vegan options

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2010

FROM THE OUTSIDE:
the place is pretty small, but with an eye-catching green entrance (so you won't miss it).

THE MENU:
just like any typical spanish restaurant they have a multi course dinner:
first dish: salad
second dish: soup
third dish: main
fourth dish: dessert
they is a very big choice (compared to other typical restaurants in bilbao), vegetarian as well as vegan. for the main dish they had 4 (!) vegan options.
I enjoyed all of the food (especially the main dish which was a kind of ragout with vegetables and seitan). it's nothing special, but good vegan food, in a city with very very few options for vegans...
I definitly had enough @ the end of this four course lunch :).

THE AMBIANCE:
It's a small but nice and cozy place on two levels. it was a little busy, which could have been up to our table right next to the kitchendoor as well...
the restaurant was well-attended, and like in all spanish restaurants, there is a lot of vibrant talking :).

THE SERVICE:
our waiter was young, good-looking and very friendly :). later we got attended by an older waiter - not as cute (hehe) but a real character and very kind as well. eventhough they got a bit of a stress, there was always time for a little conversation or joke.

PRICE:
the whole menu (drinks and bread are always included) costs 12,-€ each. this is standard in bilbao. (I thought it would be more, because of the big choice and one dish more than usually.)
you have to pay @ the front desk not your table. tip is not obligated (or very few compared to germany)

CONCLUSION:
for bilbao circumstances (most basque people don't even know the word "vegan"...) this restaurant is a JEWEL! I already have the next date for lunch with friends in the "vegetariano"... :)
(and it's also convenient to have lunch with non-vegan friends there.)

Pros: many choices, whole vegan menu
Cons: only open for lunch

estefinparis
estefinparis

Vegetarian restaurant

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

The name of the restaurant, "Vegetarian Restaurant", says it all. Unpretentious restaurant offering a wide selection of alternatives - when I visited there was no written menu, the waiter came up to you and told you what was available for each of the four (!) courses: starter, soup or puree, main and dessert. It was quite busy, which was a pleasant surprise considering vegetarianism in Bilbao is still uncommon - all tables were full except for one big table where you can sit next to strangers. The restaurant is open Monday to Saturday from 1pm to 4pm. The correct phone number when dialing from Spain is 944 44 55 98

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Restaurante vegetariano: