Restaurante Copenhagen

Modern cuisine. Specialty includes tapas and vegetable sushi. Products are bought daily from Ruzafa's market. Has free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Spanish, Beer/Wine

Anitram
Anitram

nice restaurant

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2014

It's a vegetarian restaurant with a lot of vegan options. When we came there it was quite full, but they did their best and in a few minutes we had an table. The staff is very friendly and speak a bit english.

Jeremywhite
Jeremywhite

Nice restaurant

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

Good food and an interesting beer selection. Had the seitan enchiladas and they were very tasty but not a lot of seitan included.

Pros: Close to the station, Nice decor, Friendly staff
Cons: A bit pricey
Vala
Vala

Good place to eat in Valencia

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

Copenhagen is a chain of vegetarian restaurants in Valencia. The other two are Oslo and Malmo.

The location is minimal and tasteful. There are enough vegan options. In the menu there are symbols for vegan dishes and vegan on demand dishes. The problem is that we had to remind them a few times that we were vegan, even when we asked for dishes with the "vegan" symbol! For example there are a few vegan dishes with cheddar cheese inside, but it's unclear if it's vegan or not, so it's better if you ask for the vegan cheese.
Overall the taste was good and refined. You should try at least one of their three restaurant. (we tried this and Oslo, they have very similar menu). The price are moderate. We paid about 30€ for two starters and two courses with water.

Pros: Good quality , Refined dishes
Cons: You have to remind that you're vegan, There are cheaper restaurant in Valencia

angelasabine
angelasabine

Vegan aioli and chicken

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2014

They have vegan chicken and patata brava con aioli also vegan, very good.

vegyogachick
vegyogachick

Amazing!

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Located just a few minutes by walking from Plaza de Toros, this little gem of a restaurant is one of the best I have ever eaten at. The service was great and the servers were very polite and answered all of our questions. The décor is very modern and chic and was very fitting for the type of food they served. Our favorite dish of the meal was the ensaladilla primavera which was a potato salad made with purple potatoes, olives, beets and wheat and topped with a vegan curry mayo and sweet potato chips. The potato salad was served cake slice style and the mayo looked like frosting on top. It was so delicious and unlike any other food I have ever eaten. The flavors worked very well together. We also had mushroom and hazelnut croquetas and ravioli stuffed with artichokes and tofu and topped with macadamia nut cream, cranberry sauce, tomato confit, walnuts and asparagus. For dessert we had the white chocolate mousse with raspberry sorbet and cacao truffles with hazelnut ice cream. The wine list was also impressive and we had a bottle of the Drassanes. We also spoke to the owner and told her how wonderful her restaurant is. I would return to Valencia just to eat at Copenhagen again!

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food, Original recipes
magicalprincess666
magicalprincess666

set menu is great value for money

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

i ordered the 10 euro set menu which was great value for money - three courses. the quality of the food here is exceptional and i was particularly impressed by the tempeh schnitzel and carob dessert. very nice wines and beers here too - cant say a bad word about it - highly recommended. the sushi is very nice but a tiny bit overpriced i thought.

Pros: menu, decor, wine / beer list
Cons: not 100% vegan
bella tomato
bella tomato

highly recommended

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

I am a vegan travelling with an omni boyfriend. There have beem so many times we have settled for somewhere to eat that will "just do", somewhere where I can eat something or anything, no matter the ambience or the quality.
Restaurante Copenhagen is exactly the kind of vegetarian restaurant I always hope I find, but never seem to, until now. It has a nice ambience (not a "vegetarian restaurant" ambience!), excellent food, very fair prices, a good vegan selection, and friendly staff.
This is the kind of place I am actually happy to go to instead of compromising just because I am vegan.
The place was packed (you should make a booking!) and had a great social vibe to it.
Our waitress didn't speak much English but it wasn't really an issue- all our food and drinks came as we ordered them with no problems. They also have a menu in English.
We had vegan patatas bravas and sunflower seed pate for starters and smoked tofu salad with mango and papaya and artichoke ravioli for mains. I didn't try the ravioli (not vegan) but can say that everything else was fresh, beautifully presented, flavoursome and well-thought-out food. We were quite full after this amount of food and I would generally say that we are both big eaters, so I'm not sure what the talk of small portions in other reviews is about. Including a cocktail and an artisan beer it came to 42 euros, which I think is an incredible bargain considering what I have spent at other places of much lower quality.
It was not fine dining but it was certainly classy and well put together food, served in a lovely environment.
I would highly recommend this restaurant to vegans, vegetarians or omnis. It is by far the nicest and tastiest vegetarian restaurant I have been to.

ChefeVegan
ChefeVegan

Amazing place with Amazing service

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

The place is very chick and the food although there are a lot of vegetarian dishes, they can veganise almost anything.

The owners send me a vegan waiter when I said that I was vegan. I was also recommended vegan/organic wine to match my meals. There also offer 10 Euros meals at lunch. Highly recommended... can't wait to go back there this week.

Pros: food, quality, service
Cons: none
BanjoGirl
BanjoGirl

Chic and tasty

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

My husband and I loved this restaurant. We were surprised to find it almost completely empty when we came at 8:30PM, but it quickly filled up.
The ambiance was nice, it had a modern, minimalist feel, and the decor was more upscale than other veg places we went in Spain. The food was presented well and was tasty. I had a seitan salad that was delicious.
I would highly recommend this place.

Pros: great ambiance, tasty food
chiff26
chiff26

Great night!!

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2012

Copenhagen is five minutes' walk from the Metro at the Bullring. We had a great night there - we sat out on the pavement in an area which was remeniscent of Notting Hill. the food was lovely and as a veggie, for once in Spain, I had loads of choice. The food was imaginitive and wonderful to eat - it was also great fun and the waiter, Miguel, was a real character and made the evening for us. Try it - you will have a super time (whether or not you are a veggie!!). Chrissie

Pros: menu, choice, food
Cons: none
riotstar
riotstar

Perfect.

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2012

My partner and I went here the other night. When we got there it turned out to be all booked out - I'm not used to veggie restaurants being very busy, but it was a Friday night - but they cleared a bit of room for us on the ledge by the door.

The menu (given to us in English) was not super-adventurous, but was very varied and full of enticing things. Having seen the previous reviews on here saying the portion sizes were small, we ordered five tapas between us.

It turned out the portions - at least for tapas - weren't so small after all! We had a bit of a panic because after a bit of difficulty communicating with the waitress we thought we might've accidentally ordered double-sized portions - supported by the fact that someone behind us seemed to have a portion of patatas bravas half the size of ours - but it turned out we hadn't (at least according to our bill - maybe others might want to check first to be sure). Anyway: the food was possibly the most delicious I've tasted in any restaurant, all sorts of distinct but subtle flavours, and our five tapas (about 6 euro each) had us stuffed to bursting.

Really recommend that if you're going to one restaurant in Valencia, you go here!

Pros: Astonishingly delicious, Shiny and attractive modern look, Cheerful stass
Cons: Still a little confused about portions, Really, no cons
Bunuelos
Bunuelos

One of my favorite in valencia

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2011

Good food, portions are a bit small for us. Love their green tea ice cream!

Pros: Delicious, Friendly staff, Good environment
Cons: Small portion
veelicious
veelicious

Gourmet vegetarian dining

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2011

Copenhagen's menu is a gourmet delight: tapas to share, larger plates to share, solo dishes, and desserts. I dined there two days in a row with yogi friends: day one we went crazy on the tapas, day two, we chose our own dishes and shared salads and desserts. Every dish was a joy; some light and healthy, others deep fried and delicious. Both days we split the bill between 5-6, and it came to €20/head. So not super cheap, but if you want a foodie treat, this is the spot. the decor is also lovely; scando-retro.

Pros: Great range , Beautiful presentation, English menu available
Cons: Some staff a bit frosty, Not enough protein options , Gourmet style (smallish) serves

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurante Copenhagen: