Meal costs around 15€. Cerrado domingos y festivos mediodia de lunes a sabado cenas viernes y sabados. Closed Sunday. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto
C/ Joan Baget, 20
Lleida, Spain
973-27-27-95

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by yadoy
Aloctono
Aloctono

An absolute must-go!!

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

Given that I have eaten at plenty of vegetarian and vegan restaurants, may I say that this is the best place I've ever been to?! Apparently the only vegetarian place that is able to survive in Lleida, which is obviously due to their great food. Although it is not the cheapest of restaurants, it is definitely worth the price! The menu is around 12,50 and includes two dishes, a dessert, a drink and bread. Rather than prepared, every plate is designed and tastes absolutely great! In the evenings food is more expensive since no menu is available.

Pros: Amazing dishes, Everything included (food and drink), Local food
Cons: Moderate price when not taking the menu
is44c
is44c

the luxurious veggie restaurant in the city

2 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2012

Meal for not less than 20€. Not flexible for eating necessities.

Pros: original dishes
Cons: unfriendly staff, not vegan option, crowded tables
yadoy
yadoy

Glorious pit stop!

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2007

Why is this restaurant without a review? Lleida isn't the hottest tourist destination, I suppose, but those passing through -- i.e. between Barcelona and Madrid -- should make a beeline for this place. Clever vegetarian adaptations of typical Catalan dishes and ingredients (casseroles, rice dishes, salads, etc.) with glorious homemade desserts in serious portions at comparatively reasonable prices.

I first learned of Paradi­s through "La Cuina del Paradis", perhaps the only vegetarian Catalan cookbook in existence; it's a great resource for vegetarians attracted to Catalan flavors and techniques without the botifarra. Like the book, Paradis is full of love for fresh Mediterranean produce, olive oils, herbs, wine, etc., in novel but satisfying combinations. I went there over 2 years ago and can't remember exactly what I ate, except that at a table of 4 the only thing subpar was my Arròs Negre (normally a sort of paella made with squid ink), here made with brown rice and a seaweed sautee -- a bit bland compared with my dates' Mil Fulls of zuchinni and egglant or stewed seitan with wild mushrooms.

Correct, unpretentious service in a warm, traditional environment, and veg fare on the level of the best I've had in Spain (Sésamo in BCN, Garibolo in Bilbao, etc.). Go!

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurant Paradis: