Restaurant La Lluna

A small, stylish place providing local vegetarian cuisine. Established since 1980. Menu changes regularly and features different world cuisines. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Spanish, Mediterranean

monmart
monmart

Good ol Home Cookin'!

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2014

Old style Vegetarian. Quite different. Tasty. You won't find any Tofu Tempeh here. It's not as greasy as most veg places in Spain. I would go again!

Pros: Wholsum food that fills you up., Not "deep fried" centered as most places
Cons: Advanced Spanish required to read menu.
JosephSanisidro
JosephSanisidro

real mediterranean cooking

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

Probably the only vegetarian open in the middle of August in the center, was easy to find thanks to Happy Cow, otherwise it could have been impossible for a traveller to rush into it. The place is simple and rustic, the owners show devotion for their work and one can feel it while going through the meal. They serve a choice of vegan creams on a painting board which is quite an original idea! The risotto on the daily menu was awsome, so the baked camembert with fruits of the forrest. Congratulations!

Pros: home cooking atmosphere, table outside
Jeremywhite
Jeremywhite

Decent

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

Went 1 Sept 2014. Decent veggie grub. Lovely Greek salad as a starter, valancian salad a little less special but may be that's how it is supposed to be.

Enormous stuffed pepper tasty but a little cool in the middle. Vegetable bake was like a terrine, needed something with it - but tasty. Nice fig tart to finish but cream added without asking - would have been better to check if we liked cream (we do)

Pros: Pleasant service
Cons: Food not hot enough

Vala
Vala

Not that great but very cheap

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

It's a friendly and classical vegetarian restaurant with a warm atmosphere. They have a lunch menu for 8€ consisting of a soup, first course, second course, bread and dessert. The beverages have a very low price (1.10€ for water, 1.60€ for homemade green tea with mint). They are very helpful and can swap nonvegan dishes in the daily menu with vegan ones (also dessert). The cooking is basic (rice with vegetables, steamed vegetables, etc). In the menu they have a few vegan desserts too. It's not that great for vegans but you can eat at a fair price.

Pros: Price, Lunch menu
Cons: Few vegan option, Very basic dishes
LiLove
LiLove

Yum!

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

I ordered the daily lunch menu, vegan version, and it was absolutely delicious! It was way too much food for me but I have a small appetite; the meal consisted of soup, bread, wild mushroom pasta, roasted eggplant and artichoke, plus dessert.
The staff we super nice but bickering amongst themselves a bit, which I found kind of endearing but others may find off-putting, especially if your Spanish isn't advanced enough to understand their conversation.
Good value for the price, delicious food.

policka
policka

very nice

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

very cosy atmosphere, funny waitor, good food, dfinitely worth a visit!
not many vegan options but many for gluten-free. located in the beautiful Carme quarter

Pros: original food and desserts, atmosphere, service
Cons: not many vegan options
cuzzolme
cuzzolme

Lovely.

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

The food here was terrific. I ordered the daily menu, a 5-course meal for just 13 euro. The dishes had great variety and each one was very tasty (although only one was to-die-for tasty, the soup). Wait staff was friendly and the atmosphere pretty nice too. Definitely recommended.

vegyogachick
vegyogachick

Yummy Food

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

A great little restaurant located off the beaten path in old town Valencia that has been open since the 80s. Restaurant was very cozy. Our favorite dish was the camembert cheese with blueberry sauce.

JenniferKoukla
JenniferKoukla
  • herbivore

Great Food, Healthy Choices

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

Loved the veggie versions of Spanish classics such as croquetas, stuffed eggplant, the mushroom rice was superb ! Price was great value, service was friendly. Location is a little hard to find and down a quiet street but worth the effort to find. We were one of the only ones at 9pm, but the place got packed from 10pm on. Go early (9pm) or make a reservation.

Happyheffer
Happyheffer

La Lluna

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

Atmosphere: cosy
Location: found it in the end
Food: tasty, my Valencian salad was nothing exciting, but my friends' starters were good. Lovely bread basket.
Service: average.

Qtea
Qtea

Lack of vegan options and protein

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2010

The atmosphere was relaxed and the personal friendly. The options were few and consisted only of vegetables, totally lacking any sources of protein (eg. tofu, seitan or beans). For dairy-eaters there were dishes with cheese.

I ate belly peppers stuffed with rice, which was the only vegan main dish.

Pros: atmosphere
Cons: food, lack of protein, lack of options
BlokefromBristol
BlokefromBristol

Nice small resturant

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2009

Turned up on a Saturday night without a booking, but they found us a table. I would suggest booking if you really want to come here, as most resturants in Valencia seem to be very busy from 9pm.
This is not a large resturant, but it has a cosy laid back feel to it. Both here and Ana Eva seem to be popular with locals, which did surprise me a bit, as the spainish like there meat. Although we did not book, we were not told that we had to be finished by a set time which was good. The service was very quick and the waiter did speak some english. The menu was in english and clearly described what was in each dish. Also it had alot of vegan dishes, which were clearly marked as such.
The food itself looked nice and I prefered it to Ana Eva, although my partner had the vegetable tortilla, which very bland so avoid that. I had the greek salad to start, which was a good size and a baked camenbet for my main. It does seem to that most people get a salad to go with their main, as you don't get veg with a main, as you would in the UK.
We both enjoyed this meal, except the tortilla of course and would recommened you give it a try if you are in Valencia. The total cost was 43 euro for three courses and a couple of drinks each.

Pros: good food, english menu, vegan friendly
Cons: Small so book
fmortel
fmortel

good, but not a lot for vegans

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2009

There are menus in spanish and english. The menus have two courses, there are quite a few vegan options for the first course but only two for the second course and when we went there was only one option for the second course. Worth checking out.

Stevie
Stevie

La Luna, Valencia

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2008

I just had lunch here. The waitee was helpful and rustled up an English language menu and also pointed out the dishes that were vegan veggie - no probs getting something.

I had tried the consome to start with and while it wasn't unpleasant it's nothing to get excited about. I then had the baked artichoke and I have to say that I personally didn't find it enjoyable. I then went for the stuffed pepper and must confess that I didn't realize that a humble stuffed pepper could taste so good; superb.

Centrally located, nice atmo and decor, decent value for your euro. Enjoyable

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Pleasant, Central
louis
louis

Fantastic

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2007

Cosy, welcoming and atmospheric restaurant in the old town area. Extremely welcoming and helpful staff; our waiter was fantastic. The food was fabulous and great value. As a previous reviewer has stated, not loads of vegan options but those that I tried were absolutely delicious. A very popular venue with locals so may be worth booking ahead for peak times.

Pros: great food, lovely atmosphere, great staff
Cons: closed Sundays

Dear Owner and Manager of Restaurant La Lluna: