Republica del Cacao

A modern style chocolate store filled with 100% organic cacao. It offers drinks, cakes and chocolate bars for dine-in or take away. All chocolate drinks contain milk as do most of the cakes. Samples galore. Also operates a small store at the airport. Wi-fi ready. more-less
Joaquin Pinto Y Reina Victoria Esquina
Quito, Ecuador

First Review by Deer Fields
veganonfoot
veganonfoot

Vegan chocolate and coffee

3 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2013

I'm sitting here right now on their wifi. It's a nice cafe to sit in, drink a coffee and get a free sample of dark vegan chocolate. The chocolate is pretty good, a bit expensive, but lots of vegan options.

Drinks don't seem to be that vegan friendly, minus straight up coffee's, tees, and natural fruit juices. Has nice couches and places to plug in....

Stevie
Stevie

Republica del Cacao, Quito

1 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2013

I've just been to this place. It bills itself as a chocolate boutique. From the front it looks just like a coffee shop and offers drinks and cakes. I asked if I get a chocolate drink without milk and was told no. I asked the same about the cakes and was told there was only 1 option. I was told that there are chocolate bars that they sell to take away that are dairy free.

Western prices.

Cons: Limited dairy free options
Deer Fields
Deer Fields

Republica De Cacao

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2011

What a nice store to stumble up on! We walk in and were greeted with lots of vegan organic chocolates to sample! I was buzzing from all the cacao! We bought a bunch too. Almost all of the chocolates are dark vegan and organic. There are a few chocolates that have milk, and we stayed clear of them. The woman there spoke english and she was friendly and happy to share the ingredients and how each was made. It was a chocolate heaven! They sell sandwiches too, but honestly, I did not pay much attention to them. The saleswoman said there is no meat in the store.

Pros: Yummy!!!!!!!1, Sweet!!!!!!, Wish I had more!
Cons: The price were kinda steep, wish we grew cacao in US!

Dear Owner and Manager of Republica del Cacao: