Relish Gourmet Burgers

Serves meat, veg options available. Mostly meat burgers but has a handmade vegan patty made with chickpeas and quinoa. The veg patty is cooked in a frying pan, separately from meat patties. Bun is also vegan. Limited seating, and busy at peak times. Advisable to call ahead to order. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

highcarbveganhippie
highcarbveganhippie

It Was Better When It First Opened

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

The best vegan burger I've come across in Fredericton. But it was better when it first opened.

Pros: Good Vegan Burger
Cons: Expensive , Have To Specify Vegan , Very Busy
NutmegTardis
NutmegTardis

Tasty but Pricey!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

If you want to treat yourself their veggie burger is vegan as long as you tell them to make it vegan. The buns are vegan and so is the patty but the burger toppings aren't automatically vegan so tell the staff and they will take care of you.

Pros: Fresh tasting, Vegan Options, Can eat indoors or out
Cons: Expensive, Must request a vegan burger
Emsiepie
Emsiepie

A great treat on payday

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

While their prices are a little high I am in LOVE with Relish gourmet burgers. I love the atmosphere. They are an energetic staff. If you don't like this aspect there is now a relish gourmet up on prospect that is a "proper" sit down restaurant.

Pros: Atmosphere, Variety of Toppings, Vegan
Cons: Lack of Seating, Prices are a little high

mike138
mike138

Delicious, Yet Very Overpriced

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2013

Definitely the best veggie burger I've had. The mushroom/chickpea/quinoa patty is amazing and they top it with great fresh toppings.
The servers in the restaurant are very over-the-top and enthusiastic, to the point where it's annoying; they yell out your name when you're order is done and it all feels really awkward. This may not be a big deal to some people and you could always just get it delivered if you don't want to deal with this annoying aspect, but the biggest issue with Relish is the price.
After taxes and a tip, I'd be prepared to spend around $18 per person. I understand that it is gourmet, fresh ingredients but $18 for a burger and fries is outrageous.
I am fine with spending extra to treat yourself or loved ones on occasion, but the atmosphere in the restaurant is on par with Chuck E Cheese, so it's definitely not a good place to relax or go on a date.
If you're looking for an incredible veggie burger and price is no option, then this is for you. However if you are on a budget, I would pass on this.

Note
I have gone to Relish a few times since they opened and I have found that their veggie burgers improve each time. I'm not sure if they tweak the recipe or if they're simply getting better at preparing them. I have heard people say that they tried it when they first opened and didn't care for them, but I would suggest trying it again because they really have improved.

Pros: Amazing burger, Amazing toppings, Great sides
Cons: Very high price, Not healthy, Atmosphere is terrible
Happy Veg Man
Happy Veg Man

One veg option, which didn't make me want to go ba

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2012

I went to Relish as I noticed a veg option advertised outside of their restaurant. I ordered their veg burger, and was disappointed by what I received; a dry, wafer thin veggie burger. I like the decor, but wouldn't go back for their veg burger. I make a better one at home.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Local, not a chain
Cons: Poor veg burger, Waiters yelling when your meal is ready
Anex
Anex

Nom-Nom-Nom

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2011

This place is fabulous! I love everything about it. The staff are great and the food is beyond delicious! It is vegan/vegetarian friendly.

Pros: yummy, great staff, prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Relish Gourmet Burgers: