Redi-et Ethiopian Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. Ethiopian food restaurant. Menu includes around 10 vegetarian main entrees, a customizable vegetarian platter. Has vegan soup, bread, and salad. Price: Moderate more-less
Ethiopian, African, Take-out, Non-veg

Ruthanna
Ruthanna

New experience

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2015

This is a new experience if you have never dined at an Ethiopian restaurant before. My favorite is injera, a plant-based spongy bread, and they put very "soupy" and "creamy" veggies on it for you to sop up with the bread. It is unique and tasty!

akeumurian
akeumurian
  • herbivore

Excellent Food

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

My family visited Redi-et while vacationing in Myrtle Beach. The wide variety of vegetarian dishes are strict vegetarian. We loved all of the food we tried- atkilt alicha, misir alicha, gomen, & various appetizers. The bread that was brought out to us before the appetizers reminded me of choerag. The coffee was the best we'd ever had. My 6-year-old daughter thoroughly enjoyed eating without flatware.

Pros: Excellent food, Affordable , Pleasant staff
Cons: Not located back home!
Lola La Fey
Lola La Fey

Relieved!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2010

First of all, let me tell you that there is no standing Ethiopian eatery where we live in Asheville....YET. My wife and I had a chance to go out on a date and thank God for happycow, we found this one. We had been craving Ethiopian food for a very long time. Upon seeing this place, it was a cute little, but comfortable place. It was not set up for us to eat on the floor with our hands, but we liked it nevertheless. The first bread our waitress brought to us was not exciting in the least. I was hungry so I ordered a side of french fries; she laughed at me ;o) When our food came out, my wife and I were overjoyed! The food was the bomb! No forks or spoons needed thank you. She even gave us a side of bread to take home with us. (Don't even bother asking, lol) If I am ever on a family vacay in Myrtle Beach, we know where we are going out to eat.
p.s.: GET THE VEGGIE COMBO (You get 3 choice sampler!)! If you're on a date or with a friend, you get that and have her/him get the yummy spinach dish! Share the love yall.
Peace

Pros: injura, spiniach, everything
Cons: long wait

veggiechefsc
veggiechefsc

MMM Good

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2010

This is my Favorite restaurant in the Greand Strand area. The food is fantastic, I have had everything on the vegetarian menu and can not decide what i like best. Redi-et is a must for any vegetarian in the area!!!

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: semi-complicated parking
OliviaJ
OliviaJ

Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2010

My mom and I really enjoyed the different cuisine. I have not been since they moved, but hope to soon, and would definitely recommend.

kulfo8035
kulfo8035
  • non-vegetarian

Moved not closed

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2010

A great place to eat. Fun to eat with fingers, very nice food. they have moved to downtown Myrtle Beach. The new place looks and feels much much better -- must see.

Pros: Healthy food, Friendly service
Courteney
Courteney

neat place to eat and celebrate

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2009

I spent my birthday there and the owner made all of the food herself and did a really neat presentation. She made really yummy vegan and vegetarian food. She even played happy birthday in her native Ethiopian language. Very fun to try new things and lots of veg stuff :) Plus it was reasonably priced. They do not have a liquor permit, but you can bring your own beer, wine or champagne like we did!

Guest
Guest

What a nice suprise!

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2008

My wife and I recently moved to Surfside Beach and were very excited to discover Redi-et at the intersection of Hwy 17 and 544. The menu is extensive and includes a full page of vegetarian options, as well as a number of non-vegetarian dishes. (They also offer subs, for anyone who sadly misses out on the Ethiopian eats.) Our lunch arrived on a large platter and came with "injera," traditional Ethiopian spongy flat bread that you can use to eat the other food. The dishes are delicious, the portions are generous, and the prices are moderate. The owners are very friendly and are eager to satisfy their customers. This is the first and only Ethiopian restaurant in South Carolina. So, if you're like us and appreciate authentic ethnic food, visit Redi-et soon and help spread the word.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Redi-et Ethiopian Cuisine: