Red Velvet Cafe - Fashion...

Serves meat, veg options available. Their second location, situated in the Fashion Show Mall. Offers the same menu with salads, sandwiches, and other lunch items. Most dishes can be ordered vegan with vegan cheese or meats. Prices inexpensive to moderate. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Non-veg

First Review by jenpic1
Tigra220
Tigra220

Sweet Surprise!

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

After days of junking it up w/ fried foods in Sin City, I needed something light and green in my life. I ordered a vegan Buffalo Chicken wrap. The wrap was large (I could only eat 1/2 of it) and it came with a simple green (think super greens) salad with a balsamic dressing. The wrap was mostly shredded lettuce, but it also had a fair share of the soy chicken, and the buffalo sauce was yum! I was good, and it was just what I needed. The next time I'm in Vegas I will go back to try some of their other vegan options.

Now, on to desserts. OMG First of all, there were not just one or two vegan options. There were MANY options for cakes and cookies. I finally settled on three (yes, 3):
1- Hot Fudge Sundae Cake: I don't know if I should say anything, because I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone. The icings were reminiscent of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, it had a chocolate ganache (the hot fudge), sprinkles, vanilla cake, and a surprise filling inside, which made me want to do back flips. So rich, I could only take 1 bite.

2- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake: a chocolate cake, chocolate icing, strawberry, a chocolate chip cookie piece on top, and the surprise chocolate chip cookie dough in the middle. SO delicious and very rich; again, I could only eat 1 bite. You could easily split this with 4 people, or have enough to last a few days.

3 - Lemon Raspberry Cream Cake: lemon infused cake and icing with raspberry. The perfect sweet & tart combination.

The cakes were $6.50 each, and very much worth every penny. This place should be a "must do" on every vegan's list, esp those with a sweet tooth.

They have their own little area with sitting just for their customers, and the employees were nice and very helpful.

Pros: delicious/amazing vegan cakes, many vegan food options, nice/ helpful employees
Lbatton
Lbatton

Amazing Treats

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

What a great discovery when I visited Las Vegas in May. Everything I tried was amazing. I even brought some treats back with me on the plane.

slithers
slithers

Great Desserts (& Juice)

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

While I was not impressed withe the vegan savory food menu (which I did not try), I was very impressed with their huge selection of vega desserts (nearly everything they have) - see picture I uploaded. The cinnamon swirl cake I had was rich & delish! I also enjoyed several green juices on visits to the mall from my nearby hotel.

I went several times around Feb 9 weekend & my rating is based on desserts & Juice only.

Pros: Vegan Desserts, Healthy Juices, Convenient in mall
Cons: Limited vegan savory options, Somewhat pricey
XVXveganXVX
XVXveganXVX

yumm

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

Their website was down when i came into town so I wasnt sure what exactly was on the menu but knew they offered vegan fare. Boy do they. Their menu looks very traditional at first glance then you notice will will sub vegan meat/cheese for any dish. Their vegan tuna melt was amazing and stacks up there in flavor town so far as sandwiches I ever eaten goes. Its grilled panini style and is worth navigating through mall traffic if your like me and dont enjoy the mall. I also had a pizza vegan with faux chicken and daiya which was good. Pretty sure it was not gardein variety which was refreshing as vegas seems to have a stockpile of it somewhere. Good luck picking what kind of dessert to get with all the choices of yummy cakes. I had the strawberry and chocolate chip cookie dough cake which had chunks of strawberries in it. Drool. Do yourself a favor though and if you get cake (probably not the cheesecake) get it there rather than take out because they heat it up for you and it gets soo much better if thats possible.

Pros: smiling and happy staff, many vegan options, quick service
serenacarey
serenacarey

Greasy, fattening vegan

1 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

When the Sahara location opened, we went here all the time. The service was lackluster, but the food was pretty good. Then the Strip location opened. The food became greasier and then "cookie-gate" erupted (look it up at Las Vegas Review Journal). They lied about the number of calories and fat grams in their cookies. They sometimes have gluten-free options, sometimes the chef doesn't want to make gluten-free that day...it depends on her mood (says her waitstaff). Ingredients are often left off of items and sometimes they add them (for instance, they will add spinach to a vegetable pizza but leave the artichokes off when the menu says the opposite)- they experiment so much they now have a disclaimer on the menu. What is very sad is not many restaurants offer vegan and gluten-free desserts. However, with inconsistencies, "cookie-gate", and service that has gone down the toilet, it is well worth walking across the street to Wynn or Encore for a good vegan meal!

Pros: Vegan Tuna Salad
Cons: "Cookie-gate", Greasy food, Waitstaff was rude and careless

xraydoc
xraydoc

Great stop if you are in the mall

4 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2013

We have eaten here twice. Both times the food was good and LOTS of vegan choices. This last time we had a "chicken" and rice wrap that was just amazing. We had pretty bad service our first visit and great service the second visit - really just depends one the waiter you happen to get. Definitely worth a try though for vegans in the mall.

BuddyWheeler
BuddyWheeler

Vegan wow!

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

This place needs to be way higher on the Happy Cow list. I almost didn't even see the listing. The lady working the counter when we went tonight was friendly, engaging and helpful. The chili rubbed potatoes were fantastic, I also had the buffalo chicken wrap - all vegan. Everything was hot, tasted fantastic and the service was really great. For the large plate of potatoes, the wrap with salad, 2 vegan shakes and a giant dessert it was only $41.

So happy to have a walk up counter service place on the strip. Not just vegan friendly - vegan awesome!

Pros: Service was fantastic, Food was really good, HUGE vegan dessert selection
Cons: Only open until 9? , None really
NikiYaper
NikiYaper

Old food

3 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

The food at this location is old and the management s poor. Not the owner, but a female manager named Julie, she clearly doesn't care about customer retention.

Pros: Chocolate chip cookies
Cons: Old food , Poor management
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Vegan Love!

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

Red Velvet Cafe was one of my favourite stops made on my trip to Las Vegas. It was very exciting to look at the menu, ask the waitress what is vegan and be told that absolutely everything can be veganized. Choosing was the hardest part. Our food was incredible, fast and the service was exceptional. Choosing desserts was also a difficult task as nearly all of them are vegan as well. I tried quite a few of the cakes on my trip as I felt it necessary to try as many as possible. They are all extremely delicious!

Pros: Friendly staff, Delicious food, Very vegan friendly
Cons: A bit noisy
curiousgem
curiousgem

• non-vegetarian

Upcharges

1 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

My friend and I went today excited to try the other location. We've been to the one on Sahara on numerous occasions. The one girl working was abrupt and not very professional. We both wanted potatoes but I wanted the non-spicy version. She was quick to tell us the portion was large yet didn't offer to make it half and half. Strike ONE! I see her and the other girl laughing afterwards ad when I look at them, they stop. Strike TWO! Once our order comes out, she asks of she can get us any ketchup or other sauce. I ask for ketchup. She then brings out two tiny plastic containers of it. We later settle our bill and I see that on my bill I was charged for two sauces at $0.50 a piece. It must be the ketchup, right? I ask and she confirms. Never at any point did she state there was a cost for something SHE offered. Strike THREE! You're quick to tell is the potatoes are a large order but you can't mention a charge for ketchup? Will I return to this location! NO! Strictly Sahara from now on.

Pros: Food tastes great!
Cons: Unprofessional!, Not notifying about Upcharges
kvanb796
kvanb796

Delicious desserts

4 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

I was walking around the mall with my family and was excited to find a bakery serving delicious vegan treats. It has been way too long since getting a red velvet cupcake, and it did not disappoint! It tasted just like I remember :) I didn't check out the food options, but I think I will be back for lunch today!

Pros: delicious cupcakes
MoFo
MoFo

the perfect vegan oasis

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

First off, my omnivore friend got the teriyaki mushroom burger & loved it. The mushrooms were 'perfect' & the teriyaki sauce was excellent& not too salty. I got the vegan chicken provolone panini & it came with a baby green salad & tasted great & the price was very reasonable, especially for Vegas. The staff were also friendly & attentive. This is my new go to spot in Vegas. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu! AND vegan desserts! Man!! What a selection. I was so overwhelmed with joy & choices! We decided to split the tiramisu (which apparently is under 200 calories for a huge serving!) & it was quite tasty. I definitely recommend this place to my fellow vegans & their omnivores.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 04, 2012
Update: just ate the spicy vegan chicken quesadilla & thought it was amazing! Very fresh & packed with flavor. Enjoy!

Pros: it exists!!, good music, great staff
Cons: none-food cooked separately from meat!
AmandaCiamVegan
AmandaCiamVegan

Great Vegan Treats

4 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2012

I went here to expect your typical vegan sweet treats, nothing fancy, boy was I wrong. Red Velvet makes delicious and pretty fairly priced vegan mini cakes. I had one that was a coconut cake in nature, can not remember the name, but by far the best cake ever (I'm a vegan baker). Great place to go and the staff is really friendly.

johnnygirl
johnnygirl

Fantastic Vegan options on the strip!

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2012

I absolutely LOVE this place! The food does not disappoint, and it is filling without being heavy. The desserts are all vegan and *heavenly* and, as I understand it, are only 200 calories each! There's just nothing better than this on the strip for vegans, and maybe nothing better than this in all of Vegas.

Pros: Great Food, Healthy/organic, Reasonable prices
Ruthe
Ruthe

Buffalo "chicken" craving Satisfied!

4 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2012

While my daughter was shopping with her friends, I stopped by the Red Velvet for a bite. It was amazing! I had the Buffalo "chicken" wrap. It was so satisfying. Being from the Buffalo area, gone are my days of chicken wings, but this sandwich was awesome. It came with a generous salad and I had the lemon cake for dessert. The waitress warmed it up a little for me. It was SO good! I brought my daughter and her friends back and bought each one of them a dessert. They all enjoyed it.greatly and couldn't believe it was vegan. I will be back!

Pros: taste, choices, service
Cons: mall location
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Red Velvet Cafe

4 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2012

Almost everything can be made vegan at Red Velvet Cafe...hooray! Now with all the options, something I am a stranger to, I was in quite the conundrum when it came to actually picking something.

My dining partner and I began with the fire fries entrée, consisting of baked potatoes of various color, hot sauce, Pico de Gallo, and vegan cheese - these were some pretty tasty potatoes, I'm a fan! So I narrowed my choice of entrée down to the paninis and went with the recommendation of the waiter, the California Panini. It was a good sandwich overall, but the fake turkey was made with the popular fake meat brand from Asia (if you know of the product name, please let me know), a fake meat that I am in no way a fan of. I picked the fake meat off and was left with tomatoes and avocados, still good but not substantial. The food is truly good here and I will go again, but next time I will order the veggie panini.

AnthonyStanley
AnthonyStanley

This made my trip to the strip.

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2012

I can't believe what a thrill it was to find this place on the strip. I was told about it by a vegan employee working in the Venetian. My wife and I went by last night for dinner. In a word, "Amazing". We spoke with the owner. His wife is the executive chef. The food is out of this world. Not just a couple of vegan options and substitutions, but a full menu of thoughtfully made from scratch "normal" vegan dishes. Flavorful, welll balanced, organic, savory, dishes. I had to ask my server if they had made a mistake and brought me a non-vegan Cuban Press. I coud not believe anyone coud have pulled off the meat they way they did. No stripped down, flavorless meat dishes "veganized". These dishes are made from scratch from the ground up to taste exceptional and stand thier own as vegitarian and vegan fare. They take pride in perpairing the veggie and vegan dishes in seperate stations to prevent cross-contamination. To top it al off, the highest calorie entree they make is 450 calories. Thier amazing vegan cakes float by at an impressive 150 calories each, for a 4" round by 6" tall cake! We can't wait to try the off s trip location on our next trip to Vegas! GO THERE NOW! Seriously.

I would have given them 5 Cows, but they do serve meat dishes. But, the veggie and vegan food here is better than I have had at most vegan only places. This is a veggie/vegan/heathy place that has "meat options".

Pros: Well thought out vegan and veggie dishes, Full menu including decident vegan cakes, A staff that is glad you are vegan
Liorah
Liorah

Awesome

4 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2011

The food was absoultely incredible. I went here on my birthday, and they gave me a free red velvet cake. The firefries and the avocado dip were both wonderful. It's amazing that they will veganize anything on the menu, and they do it well. The staff was helpful and super friendly.

belsandia
belsandia

All menu items can be veganized and great salads

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2011

What I like most about Red Velvet Cafe is that every item on their menu can be veganized - and they state it too. You have so many choices here including soups, salad, sandwiches, wraps, main dishes, sides, and desserts. The quality is good and the location inside Fashion Show Mall makes this place a welcome lunch spot not just for vegans!

The juices and teas are good too - check them out!

Pros: great salads with sandwich, good variety
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

convenient location

4 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2011

Every time we come to Las Vegas, we eat at the original location, but this time, we wanted to check out the new location. It's easy to find right by the escalators between the two sections of the mall. They have large glass cases with sandwiches, salads and desserts to go, but you can sit and get table service as well which we did. The menu is more limited than the other location as they don't have a full kitchen, but the same salads and paninis are there. We love their paninis and each got one - the Cuban press and the spinach, artichoke and chicken. Nearly everything can be made vegan and is clearly marked. We took desserts to go - the raspberry cake and the vanilla chocolate chip. Yummy as always. Our only complaint was that the music was loud, but that's the mall, not the cafe, so it's still great to have a convenient location on the Strip.

Pros: convenient location, yummy paninis and desserts
Cons: loud music
stef42678
stef42678

Vegan in Vegas

4 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2011

I was so glad when Red Velvet Cafe opened another location in Las Vegas in the middle of Fashion Show mall. It has a great variety of vegan options and a great menu. There are meat dishes on the menu, but vegan meats are easily substituted. There are bagel melts for breakfast, paninis, pizzas, salads and sandwiches. I love the veggie grill panini and make sure to save room for some sweet treats for dessert.

Pros: Vegan meats, Soy Cheese
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Awesome find!

4 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2011

Stumbled upon this place randomly after going thru the mall. I use my Happy Cow app anytime I travel and they amazingly were not on there! I pleaded with the workers to get on here and am happy to see they finally are! I got a cookie sandwich and shared with my non-vegan buddy who loved it. Came back here a couple days later and got the guacamole and a sandwich, both were great! Love this place!

Pros: Great food, Decent location (mall)
jenpic1
jenpic1

Yummy Vegan Baked Goods

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2011

It was such a pleasure to go to vegas and have my sweet tooth satisfied! I bought their vegan chocolate chip cookies, their vegan banana cream pie, and their vegan blueberry muffin with crumb topping. All were fresh and delish! I enjoyed the blueberry muffin for breakfast the next day and was thrilled to have a traditional breakfast for once!

Pros: Easy to find, Fresh baked goods, friendly staff
Cons: open to the loud mall, somewhat pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Red Velvet Cafe - Fashion Show Mall: