Bed and breakfast located on the New York side of the Berkshires. Serves an all vegan breakfast and share the home with rescued farm animals and wildlife. See website for info. more-less
94 Schoolhouse Rd
West Lebanon, New York 12195
518-794-0186

First Review by CarolynIvyStein
CarolynIvyStein
CarolynIvyStein

An Oasis of Kindness

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2014

Red Robin Song B&B is an oasis of kindness and quiet joy. The money from the guests goes to support the rescued farm animals and beavers (it is a beaver sanctuary). The hosts (Lisa and Jeff) went out of their way to ensure our comfort, even getting up extra early to make oatmeal and coffee for us before my husband’s race and later providing my husband with spa salt for his bath after he ran an ultra-marathon.

The bed in the room we stayed in was quite nice and between the quiet of the country and the wonderful bed, we slept better than anywhere other than our own home. The bathroom is modern, beautiful and filled with vegan soaps, shampoos, and other products. Before we arrived, I was worried about allergans since my husband is allergic to many things and has severe asthma, but the house is so clean and the air so fresh that my husband had no trouble whatsoever.

We were impressed that Red Robin Song carries it's environmentalism throughout. The napkins are cloth, leftover food is fed to the very cute goats, and in general the environment receives as much care as the rescued beavers and the guests.

Lisa is a wonderful cook. Her cooking is probably the best advertisement for veganism possible since it originates from sensual joy, rather than any sense of deprivation. I am still amazed by the egg-free omelets she created, though my husband is far more impressed by the buckwheat blueberry pancakes. We are both sad that we must now fend for ourselves for breakfast. We highly recommend the Red Robin Song B&B for travellers (whether vegan, vegetarian, or omnivorous). It is a comfortable place with wonderful people.

Pros: Excellent Food, Very Kind Hosts, Comfortable beds

Dear Owner and Manager of Red Robin Song Guest House: