REMOVED: Red Lotus Bakery...

Serves meat, veg options available. FEB 2014 reported no longer offering mock meats (removed from menu). Offers Asian inspired hot food, gluten-free baked goods, bubble tea, and soy milk might be available - check ahead. Reportedly no longer offers vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
American, Chinese, Asian, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg
255-07 Northern Blvd
Little Neck, New York 11362
718-819-0288

Open Mon-Sat 8am-8pm, Sun 8am-7pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by rmark25
suzagord
suzagord

A has-been

1 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

They used to have all kinds of sweets as well as sandwiches for vegans. Now? Bubbletea. That's it. VERY disappointing.

Veganmacrochick
Veganmacrochick

Vegan?

1 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2013

I went there about a year ago and they had a 'vegan friendly' menu. I asked about their mock meats, I said often they have either egg or dairy. The woman refused to let me see the wrapper to verify it being vegan. I walked out.

rmark25
rmark25

large vegan menu

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2010

I was very glad I stumbled upon this place while driving past it on Northern Blvd. What's great is that the menu is almost all vegan, except for maybe a few easily avoidable choices. I had the veggie chicken and bacon wrap. I told them I was vegan and she said they could easily substitute the honey dressing for the ginger. That was definitely a plus, because that means that they know what they are preparing and what vegan means. The vegan baked goods that they are able to prepare are not always on display for immediate purchase, but she assured me that they were available if i call ahead ( retail for vegan items is not as quick and they want to make sure it's as fresh as possible) Check their website for a menu. Luckily they had a slice of chocolate cake when I visited them. Another plus about this place was that they had soy milk for my bubble tea! that alone is a reason to visit. The place was clean and full of light with many choices. It was nice to just eat in and enjoy the food. I had a full conversation with the owner and she told me that she would love to be able to sell more vegan items on a larger scale if there were more of a demand for it. I hope this reveiw encourages people to at least support this type of place that is more likely found in Manhattan.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: no parking

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Red Lotus Bakery and Cafe: